Posted Until Filled
Applications received on or before July 19th will be given full consideration
Apply at the Missouri S&T Careers site: https://hr.mst.edu/careers/
Direct link to post: https://erecruit.umsystem.edu/psp/tamext/ROLLA/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=2&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=33911&PostingSeq=1
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
EEO is the Law English Version
EEO is the Law Spanish Version
EEO is the Law Chinese Version
- Retrieve, analyze, evaluate, and interpret a wide variety of institutional functional area data (e.g., SIS, surveys and external and auxiliary data systems) to provide timely, relevant and accurate information to a broad range of internal and external audiences.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and collaborate with data requestors to clarify needs for data and information.
- Prepare, coordinate and review mandated reporting (e.g., IPEDS, CDS, HLC), external surveys and questionnaires (e.g., USN&WR, AACSB, BSQ, AAUP) and internal reporting and dashboard data on a recurring basis.
- Disseminate data and information in written, visual and oral forms to internal and external audiences.
- Data and process management responsibilities include: Document and maintain processes for repeatability, document future needs, recommend reporting solutions, develop data models and build dashboards and reports to support effective decision making.
- Collaborate with campus and system data stewards, analysts, and committees to improve data quality, reporting and data informed processes.
- Assist in the professional development and mentoring of peers and student workers.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 6 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Bachelor's degree with a focus in computer science, statistics/mathematics, data science, or similar applicable field of study, required. Minimum of 6 years' experience from which institutional research and/or business intelligence functional area knowledge and skills can be acquired.
Broad knowledge of and experience in statistics and statistical software packages, (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python) required. Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and solution development resulting from ill-structured constituent requests for data or analysis required. Broad knowledge of and experience in SQL and visual query-based software packages (e.g., Tableau Data Prep, SAS Enterprise Guide, Veera Construct, Cognos) required.
Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals required. Outstanding collaboration as a member of a team and ability to work independently, with campus leadership, and data stewards should be evident. Strong organizational skills are required, exemplary interpersonal and written communication skills are essential. Other important personal characteristics required include a strong work ethic, great attention to detail and accuracy, personal integrity, and strategic thinking and planning skills.
Master's degree in related field is preferred. Broad knowledge of and experience in visualization techniques and software (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, D3, SAS Visual Analytics/Statistics, Plotly) preferred. Experience in data governance activities and processes preferred.