Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with major coursework in data science, statistics, education, or other related fields and 1-2 years experience in the analysis and dissemination of information; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent customer service, data management, project management, and communication skills. Capable of working collaboratively with faculty, staff, project leaders, and students.
Desirable Qualifications: Master’s degree or significant graduate coursework with formal training in statistics and data management. Experience in supporting offices of higher education assessment or institutional research, or experience in K12 or higher education, including educational innovation and assessment.
Essential personal characteristics include a passion for lifelong learning, aptitude for quantitative reasoning, attention to detail, flexibility, initiative, creativity, and the ability and willingness to work cooperatively in a rapidly evolving technological environment. Ability to quickly learn to use advanced software and hardware technologies. Working knowledge of data management, project management, data visualization, survey, and office support software systems.
COMPUTER/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND OTHER SKILLS: Advanced proficiency in common business and software, i.e., Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point, and Outlook. Ability to organize the work area; and handle frequent interruptions; Very strong communication and customer service skills and ability to multitask and act on behalf of the Program Director with minimal direction is required.
Serves as an information analyst for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and the Education Innovation Team, which focus on collecting, managing, analyzing, and reporting on data related to student learning to guide educational innovation and improvement at the School of Nursing. The person will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing a comprehensive data management infrastructure for the educational enterprise at the School of Nursing, as well as providing analytical support for key stakeholders in the school. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, utilizing various systems and procedures for processing and analyzing educational effectiveness and student success data; managing a data entry pipeline; developing and optimizing data management processes; preparing datasets for analysis; developing and managing data dashboards, and preparing routine reports for administrators. This person will collaborate with the Director for Educational Effectiveness to plan faculty development initiatives and online training tutorials to enhance the effective use of data to improve teaching, learning, and student success.
Implementing, managing, and optimizing a comprehensive data infrastructure (40%)
- Manages databases (e.g. Excel, SPSS, assessment management platforms), applications (e.g. Box), and server drives.
- Develops, manages, and optimizes data management processes and implements, manages, and updates codebooks.
- Utilizes and proactively strengthens technical skills required for troubleshooting programs, applications, and discrepancies in datasets.
- Manages and maintains data dashboards with data visualization software.
- Generates and analyzes reports of assessment data for key stakeholders including program directors and senior leadership using data analysis and reporting software.
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively with SON IT and others to maintain the effective implementation of data systems related to student success.
- Continually monitors, identifies barriers, and makes recommendations to improve management and reporting processes to the director, team members, and key stakeholders.
- Tracks, analyzes and ensures the accuracy of incoming data from numerous sources (e.g., computer-based testing platforms, learning management system, ePortolios) and ensures safe storage in appropriate locations.
Managing and optimizing project management data system (30%)
- Manages project management data system for projects related to curriculum development, assessment, and educational initiatives.
- Develops and maintains systems to track progress towards deadlines, and communicate progress to team members and key stakeholders.
- Uses independent judgment on how and when to update project management data systems through feedback gathered from team meetings.
- Facilitates processes to utilize data that enhances communication between team members about project goals, and assists the director on maintaining accountability for all team members to meet key milestones and deadlines.
- Organizes and manages all project related documents and artifacts using evidence banks, databases, and cloud-based document management tools.
For full job description, please enter this link in your browser: http://bit.ly/OIEDataAnalyst