For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: InstitutionalResearch@hofstra.edu.
Working independently, and as a part of a team, this position is responsible for providing accurate, timely and meaningful information to a variety of audiences including Senior Leadership, academic deans, faculty, other administrators, and the general campus community. This position focuses on internal and external data requests – compliance surveys (IPEDS, NYSEDs, NCAA, etc.) as well as college guidebook submissions (US News, Princeton Review, College Board, etc.). The Associate Director is also responsible for data warehouse maintenance, census reporting, ad hoc reporting, providing data analysis, report writing, and other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in quantitative social sciences, statistics, or mathematics preferred. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience applying research techniques in higher education, or similar applied field. Institutional Research experience preferred.
• Experience working with large, longitudinal data sets.
• Strong proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS, SAS and other similar computer programs and query tools.
• Strong hands-on analytical and project management skills.
• Strong follow-through, and the ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities in an extremely fast paced environment while meeting tight deadlines.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently or as part of a team and to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
To be discussed during interview.
Application Due Date: 2020-07-31
Job Start Date: 2020-09-07
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Institution: Hofstra University
Reports To: Executive Director of Institutional Research
Staff # Reporting to Position: 0
Reports In Office: Institutional Research & Assessment