The Program Associate, Merit Review will be responsible for liaising across the organization to help ensure the successful implementation of merit review policies and procedures and the integrity of the merit review process. Merit Review will begin the implementation of process changes as recommended by the Merit Review Working Group (MRWG). The Program Associate will actively support, coordinate and lead efforts to successfully implement the recommended process changes, in collaboration with colleagues in Merit Review, Program, and Engagement as appropriate. Also, the Program Associate, Merit Review will provide support for daily merit review activities, as well as critical support to the Merit Review Team during times of key surge activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of process changes, as recommended by the MRWG, including development of new merit reviewer training materials, drafting new merit review guidelines, developing new communication templates.
- Support MROs with key activities including merit reviewer recruitment, application responsiveness screening, and active monitoring of written critiques.
- Assist with the preparation of routine Merit Review deliverables for internal and external dissemination to key stakeholders, including QA/QC documents and materials for formatting and accuracy.
- Collaborate and work with other PCORI departments, including Program, Engagement, Administrative Services, and Meetings & Travel, as necessary, to ensure successful merit review cycles.
- Assist the Assistant Director, Merit Review with other assigned duties.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
*PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Attention to detail is of paramount importance for successful job performance. Applicant must be able to demonstrate aptitude and excitement for working in a highly detail-oriented position.
- Flexibility and skill in working as a team member and comfort working in an environment with dynamic priorities.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to link organizational goals to individual department mission and activities.
- Ability to envision innovative solutions.
- Ability to work collegiately with staff across the organization, at all levels, and an interest in and strong commitment to PCORI’s mission and programs.
- Ability to creatively develop and implement solutions that are effective and improve Merit Review processes.
- Proficient in the use of technology, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet literacy, and willingness to learn new computer skills as necessary. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. public health, biological sciences, social sciences) with four or more years work experience. Applicants with relevant experience working in health research, at a funding organization/agency, conducting research and/or project management preferred.
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., MPH, MPA, MPP, MHA) or can be substituted for some years of work experience