Detailed information can be found at http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33030.
Texas State University is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Vice President for Institutional Research.The Assistant Vice President for Institutional Research (AVPIR) oversees the strategic direction and coordination of institutional research activities, studies, and reporting for Texas State University. This position assists the Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness (AVPIE) in developing and monitoring strategic and related initiatives for the Institutional Effectiveness (IE) unit.
- Supervise IE office functions in the absence of the AVPIE.
- Ensures that supporting information and documentation for Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges reports and reaffirmation of accreditation as well as program-specific accreditation is provided accurately and on deadline.
- Coordinates special projects as assigned by the AVPIE and oversees those which involve several Institutional Effectiveness offices.
- Conducts research and data analysis in support of university strategic plan initiatives
- Ensures that the IR office provides such support as needed for internal processes such as outcomes assessment and academic program reviews.
- Provides data and analyses to supports the university’s research strategic plan.
- Develops and communicates institutional research’s vision, mission, goals, and initiatives that support the university and institutional effectiveness strategic plans.
- Delegates and monitors progress on tasks for fulfilling the IR strategic plan while accommodating the strengths and interests of IR staff members.
- Represents IR in collaborations with other university offices as well as on university committees that involve IR participation.
- Ensures that IR and data needs of The Texas State University System Chief Data Officer are met.
- Represents IR and Texas State University at state, regional and national higher education committees, task forces and organizations.
- Assures that national reporting requirements of the U.S. Department of Education are met.
- Ensures timely and accurate responses to requests for data-driven information on matters related to university management, legislative issues, and exploratory studies.
- Ensures that reports required by national, regional, state, and local regulatory agencies are provided accurately and by the deadline.
- Assures that statistical information is accompanied by thoughtful and informed analysis.
- Assures that Texas State is accurately represented in college guidebook publications and other publications.
- Oversees monitoring of administrative survey activities on campus.
- Supervises, organizes, trains, and evaluates the performance of staff assigned to the IR office.
- Develops and monitors the IR annual operating budget.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in related field of study.
- Professional experience in institutional research or closely related field.
- Experience in hiring, supervising, training, and evaluating staff.
- Thorough understanding of national and state agency reporting expectations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop strategies in support of data and reporting needs.
- Advanced user of analytical and reporting tools.
- Experience with higher education student, financial, and human resource data and information systems.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree in related field of study.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in institutional research or closely related field.
- Demonstrated administrative or supervisory experience in higher education.
- Experience with reporting to the Department of Education, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and the Texas Legislative Budget board.
- Previous experience working within a university system.
- Working knowledge of the Ellucian Banner Student Information System.
Texas State University is a doctoral-granting, student-centered institution dedicated to excellence and innovation in teaching, research, including creative expression, and service. The university strives to create new knowledge, to embrace a diversity of people and ideas, to foster cultural and economic development, and to prepare its graduates to participate fully and freely as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Our Shared Values
In pursuing our mission, we, the faculty, staff, and students of Texas State University, are guided by a shared collection of values:
- Teaching and learning based on research, student involvement, and the free exchange of ideas in a supportive environment;
- Research and creative activities that encompass the full range of academic disciplines—research with relevance, from the sciences to the arts, from the theoretical to the applied;
- The cultivation of character, integrity, honesty, civility, compassion, fairness, respect, and ethical behavior in all members of our university community;
- A diversity of people and ideas, a spirit of inclusiveness, a global perspective, and a sense of community as essential conditions for campus life;
- A commitment to service and leadership for the public good;
- Responsible stewardship of our resources and environment; and
- Continued reflection and evaluation to ensure that our strengths as a community always benefit those we serve.
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
- Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions