The Research Analyst/Report Writer will:
- Assume a key role in the development of new reports and maintenance of existing reports using the Evisions Argos tool set.
- Leverage Evisions Argos and/or other related software required to enhance OPEIR reports.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal and external regularly required reports.
- Provide requested data in report format to internal clients or other requestors as appropriate.
- Create and maintain documentation of all requests, reports, workflows, and processes as needed.
- Analyze, plan, create, and maintain moderately complex reports/database projects.
- Examine and modify existing SQL queries for improvement in performance, accuracy, and delivered content.
- Utilize varying data definitions and configurations to support statistical analyses and strategic planning needs.
- Examine data and investigate queries to identify trends and ensure data integrity.
- Assist the institution in answering critical questions surrounding student success and institutional performance by deriving new knowledge through inquiry and analysis.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, and make appropriate concise observations and recommendations, both oral and written
- Skills in developing and building queries, validating and executing ad hoc reports to answer specific research questions for internal customers
- Comprehensive knowledge of programming techniques and strong experience with at least one programming language.
- Skilled in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree and two or more years of relevant experience, High School Diploma with a minimum of four years relevant experience also accepted; skills in developing and building queries, validating and executing ad hoc reports to answer specific research questions for internal customers; experience with Oracle and Microsoft report development tools, SQL, Evisions Argos report development, and Ellucian Banner systems; experience with data visualization applications such as Microsoft Power BI or similar product; experience in data analysis
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, or associated discipline; extensive knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Access; experience managing data quality processes
UTC’s current Strategic Plan follows our vision to Engage Students, Inspire Change, and Enrich the Community. Learn more about the four specific goals outlined within our Strategic Plan, and consider how you can help us succeed, thrive and positively impact others by joining our campus family! Learn more about our current Strategic Plan here.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is the second largest school in the University of Tennessee System, serving a diverse student body of more than 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students through five academic colleges. UTC offers a unique blend of private and public school traditions and is a driving force for achieving excellence, embracing diversity, inspiring positive change, and enriching the community. Since its founding as Chattanooga University in 1886, UTC has developed a reputation for excellence build on an unusual blend of the private and public traditions of American higher education. For more than 83 years, the university was a private school. In 1969, UTC became part of the state university system. Today, UTC is on a journey to excellence - boldly embracing a passion for excellence in all things and focused on changing lives and transforming communities. The UTC commitment—each and every day—is to earn the trust and confidence of those we serve. Our goal is to make a difference in our community and in the lives of our students.
Chattanooga, the fourth largest city in the state, is located in Southeast Tennessee near the border of Georgia at the junction of four interstate highways. The city has received national recognition for the renaissance of its beautiful downtown and redevelopment of its riverfront. Chattanooga also has the fastest internet in the country. Home to the first Gig Internet in the United States, Chattanooga has a 100% fiber network that links every home and business in a 600-square mile area. Companies like Unum, McKee, U.S. Xpress, Volkswagen, Coke United and Amazon.com have chosen to set up shop in Chattanooga.
Being a part of the Chattanooga community is important to UTC — many of our employees come from other industries and companies in the area, and much of our research and academic partnerships are with local entities. UTC is committed to providing a fair and diverse university, working closely with one another on campus, as well as through our partnerships with Chattanooga-based businesses, organizations and causes. Learn more about Chattanooga from the perspective of the UTC campus here.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.