• Working with institutional leadership, the Director of OIE will ultimately be charged with structuring and implementing an integrated institutional research/effectiveness function at SPU, and supporting the scaled use of analytics across campus.
• Provides leadership for institutional assessment.
• Connects institutional research services effectively with, and provides support and assistance to departments, schools and administrators for accreditation activities.
• Serves as the Accreditation Liaison Officer related to the institution's accreditation with the Northwest Commission for Colleges and Universities.
• Serves as IPEDS keyholder and primary contact with external agencies seeking institutional data. Promotes effective data management infrastructures that result in reports and analysis to support institutional and external reporting needs.
• Provides expertise and leadership regarding institutional data governance, in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology/CIO, other members of the Computer and Information Systems team, and department data managers.
• Leads and mentors IE team to foster an environment of continuous improvement, effective communication, and teamwork.
• In-depth understanding of social science research methodology and statistical analysis required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in institutional research, assessment, and/or data analytics in a higher education context, required. Five to 10 years of experience at an accredited University with direct experience in institutional effectiveness and/or assessment is preferred.
• Expertise in student learning outcomes assessment, coordination of program review in higher education, evaluating degree program effectiveness, developing guidance materials and training faculty, and preparing reports for university and accreditation bodies preferred.
• Commitment to inclusivity and diversity, and ability to interact effectively with a variety of constituent groups required.
• Ability to translate data report conclusions into usable information for decision making and policy analysis required. Experience in data analysis, including predictive modeling and hierarchical/longitudinal analysis preferred.
• Collaborative leadership style with a strategic and creative approach to issues, exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities required.
• Demonstrated competency with assessment software such as Tk20, preferred.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.