2. Consult with administrators, representatives of governmental and private organizations, employee groups, and others regarding research needs, current studies, results of research, and related matters; work with requesters to clarify their needs and optimize the utility of research results.
3. Create or customize, to faculty, staff, and community specifications, quantitatively sound, criterion referenced survey instruments for a variety of research projects.
4. Collect data using appropriate instruments and procedures; direct and oversee the collection of data by students and other part-time research staff where appropriate.
5. Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as secondary data analysis, on assigned research projects; interpret findings in written reports and oral presentations.
6. Assist in designing, monitoring, and reporting on progress toward strategic goals, institutional effectiveness and student outcomes assessment plans, and academic quality improvement objectives.
7. Perform project leader duties for new institutional research and planning projects including a data warehouse.
8. Participate in the preparation of reports for District personnel and state agencies to fulfill compliance regulations and requirements and to assure institutional and matriculation effectiveness for appropriate funding.
9. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Five (5) years of responsible professional experience planning and conducting industrial, organizational, or educational research projects, with evidence of increasingly responsible experience.
Experience in management of relational database system (i.e. SQL server) and working with Crystal Reports.
Three (3) years of demonstrative experience that clearly provides evidence of the knowledge and skills required to perform the essential duties may substitute for graduate degree.
Southwestern Community College District is the premier public institution of higher education in Southern San Diego County that serves a diverse community of students by providing quality academic programs, comprehensive student support services that ensure equitable access and clear pathways to student success.
Southwestern Community College District promotes learning and success to prepare students to become critical thinkers and engaged life-long learners/global citizens. The District is committed to continuous improvements through the use of data-informed planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Southwestern Community College District utilizes a variety of instructional modalities to provide educational and career opportunities in the following areas: Associate degree and certificate programs, transfer, professional, technical and career advancement, foundational skills, personal enrichment, and continuing education