Go to https://www.seu.edu/campus-life/campus-services/employment/ and download the employment application. Complete the application. Return it along with a cover letter, resume/vita to
1000 Longfellow Blvd.
Lakeland, Florida 33801
Please note, you will be requested to submit college/university transcripts during the interview process.
Southeastern University is looking for a Data Analyst to serve in the Office of Research and Strategic projects. They will facilitate an expanding data driven environment by providing collaboration, analytical support, research and reporting institution-wide. The Data Analysis will be an innovative catalysis for positive measurable improvement at SEU.
- Establish project scope, goals, metrics/KPIs
- Research and identify internal and external data sets, current research/knowledge sources and best practices relevant to current and future projects.
- Regularly perform data discovery. Identifying and recommending additional sources of internal and external data supporting current and future projects.
- Collection and Preparation
- Manage the acquisition, storage and utilization of internal and external data sets.
- Develop and maintain databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Validate, transform and otherwise prepare data for analysis.
- Analysis and Reporting
- Use appropriate statistical methods to analyze data and create useful and sometimes complex reports and dashboards.
- Where appropriate,
- Where appropriate, use data mining, machine learning and advanced statistical methods to gain insights, actionable information and measurable outcomes.
- Incorporates the four types of data analytics: descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive, into all projects where appropriate.
- Create dashboards and other data visualizations to track progress towards goals, inform student success and institutional improvement with appropriate KPIs and metrics.
- Support and recommend long-term RSP projects such as creating models that depict trends in student success, enrollment trends, academic programs, financial, student financial aid, program demand, retention and graduation, establishing metrics, KPIs and others.
- Recommend “out of the box” analysis and projects based on collected data, institutional goals, current and future opportunities and threats.
- General Responsibilities
- Work with Deans, Department Chairs, Directors and other stakeholders in asking questions, prioritizing needs, identifying and analyzing data, interpreting results and adapting appropriate performance metrics/KPI.
- Support initiatives identifying data integrity issues, negotiating solutions and training end users to increase data accuracy.
- Provide support, guidance and collaboration with team members to identify new data sources, data collection, and facilitate data usage.
- Evaluate current software components and make recommendations.
- Data science is a broad field. Often individuals have an interest or expertise in related fields not directly applicable to their primary position. In addition to the primary responsibilities outlined above, this position will have the opportunity to utilize skills/interest in any of the following fields: Data Visualization, Big, Data, Economic and Geospatial Intelligence, Business and Financial Intelligence or Qualitative Intelligence.
- A Master's degree in Analytics, Statistics, MIS, Business Intelligence, Actuary Science or other analytical discipline from an accredited
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an analytic field. Experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Strong analytical Able to make logical sense of complex issues.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Works closely with and communicates effectively with users and stakeholders.
- Highly organized. Able to prioritize projects and requests.
- Works well in a team environment, yet able to work effectively on their own for extended periods.
- Follows Agile development methodology for timely and precise delivery of products for end users.
- Software and Analytic tools
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL programing Language
- Intermediate knowledge of SPSS, Python, R or other statistical software
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio
- Working knowledge of another language and its libraries. Python preferred
- Knowledge of or experience with Salesforce and Einstein
- Knowledge of ERP systems. Jenzabar preferred.
- Broad understanding of Information Systems.
Southeastern University is a private, not-for-profit, faith-based institution located in Lakeland, Florida. It is between Tampa/St. Petersburg and Orlando areas. Founded in 1935, it offers over 70 majors, tracks and concentrations. Degrees are offered in Arts and Media, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership, Education, Ministry and Theology, Natural and Health Sciences.
SEU enrolled 9,894 students this past fall. Students chose between pursuing their degrees on campus, online or at over 100 sites across the country. The Lakeland campus hosts 2400 students. In addition to undergraduate students, SEU offers undergraduate, graduate and doctorate level programs. The Chronicle of Higher Education ranks SEU as the sixth fastest growing private, non-profit Masters institution in the country.
Southeastern University is an EO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. SEU employs Christians who are compatible with the institution’s mission and statement of faith. SEU provides a benefit package for full-time employees including: health care, retirement program, long-term disability and life insurance, paid sick leave, annual vacation leave. SEU encourages life-long learning with tuition waivers and training/conference opportunities.
- Southeastern University provides a health care benefit for full-time employees. This program covers a large majority of hospital and medical services.
- Employees may elect to cover their families with this policy and may provide for payroll deduction in order to cover the additional premium.
- Southeastern University offers full-time employees who meet eligibility requirements the opportunity to participate in a university retirement program.
- The following constitute approved retirement programs: Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association/College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA/CREF) and Minister’s Benefit Association.
- Southeastern University provides a long-term disability and life insurance plan for full-time employees.
- Full-time staff members may enroll without any cost for tuition and selected fees in resident classes at Southeastern University.
- The university provides an employee training program so that employees may perform their work more efficiently and may qualify for positions of increased responsibility. In addition to regular on-the-job training, employee training is accomplished through university-sponsored training courses, conferences, seminars, films and university courses.
- Full-time employees are eligible for paid sick leave, yearly vacation leave and paid holidays.
- Five meals per week in the university dining hall are provided for all full-time employees Monday through Friday during the fall and spring semesters.