To apply for the position, please follow the link below to the position posting and click on the Apply for this job button.
This position in the IEA office will have primary duties working with Strategic Enrollment Management to support both strategic and tactical planning and decision-making. This position will manage the enrollment research for SEM, including development and maintenance of data sets, systems, and analyses. Evaluate and implement strategies to help identify and migrate additional SEM datasets into the SEM subject areas of the OBI and ADS platforms. This position will also perform analyses and develop dashboards and reports for SEM specifically and the university as a whole around SEM reporting. Under the direction of the VP of SEM, Director of Analytics and Research or other senior staff conduct ongoing data collection and management efforts to support various assigned projects, working effectively with various SEM units to advance their data collection, reporting, and analytical efforts.
- As part of the IEAteam, manage enrollment research for SEM, including development and maintenance of data sets, systems, and analyses; with direction from the VP of SEMand director of Analytics and Research, support a robust, data-driven planning and decision-making model for SEM and IEA, enabling both strategic and tactical decision making. Work to manage upgrades to data collection, management, and reporting systems and to respond to requests for data and information, and to help migrate additional SEM data to either the OBI or ADS platforms. Work to create and maintain databases, data sets and protocols to support specific projects and overall efforts of the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management; this includes linking databases and datasets; and extraction, management and integration of data from various data sources (e.g., institutional data sources and repositories as well as other secondary sources).
- Under the direction of the Director of Analytics and Research and collaborating with other Research Analysts and the OIT Business Intelligence unit, support the development and expansion of IEA’s analytical and reporting data models. This includes models to support statutory state and federal reporting in local databases, as well as the analytical models in the Analytics and Decision Support platform. This effort may also include enhancements designed to fulfill SEM analytic needs including the development of self-serve analytic dashboards and ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- Apply learnings, standards, and best practices from the office of Institutional Effectiveness and Analytics (IEA) to the systems and processes of Strategic Enrollment Management and support the enhancement and function of IEA systems to best serve the needs of SEM.
- Bachelors degree required by position start date with a minimum of three years of related work experience, or a Master’s degree with a minimum of one year of related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database & data management concepts
- Experience designing and implementing relational database structures
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL
- Experience with relational databases and data visualization tools such as Tableau or MSFT PowerBI
- Strong analytical skills very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Unquestionable integrity with an uncompromising commitment to quality.
- Experience in basic research design, data analysis, and communicating research results in appropriate formats
- Prior experience in admissions, financial aid, or other areas of enrollment management strongly preferred
- Experience working with data in Technolutions Slate or similar CRM strongly preferred
- Master’s degree preferred in an area focusing on quantitative skills
Ohio University strives to be the best student-centered, transformative learning community in America, where approximately 35,000 students realize their promise, faculty advance knowledge, staff achieve excellence, and alumni become global leaders. OHIO is committed to fostering, embracing, and celebrating diversity in all its forms. Our Athens campus offers students a residential learning experience in one of the nation’s most picturesque academic settings. Additional campuses and centers serve students across the state, and online programs further advance the University’s commitment to providing educational access and opportunity. Visit www.ohio.edu for more information.
Recently renamed from Institutional Research and Effectiveness to better reflect our roles and priorities, Institutional Effectiveness and Analytics is organized into three teams--Institutional Effectiveness, Institutional Research and Planning, and Analytics and Research. With 10 current staff including a mix of both long term and more recent hires, IEA will be adding two additional analysts to continue to build capacity in our Analytics and Research area--one focused on Strategic Enrollment Management and one focused on our Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
IEA is seeking to actively build a dynamic culture where innovation, continuous learning, and collaboration ensures that we leverage our strategic data assets to provide timely, accurate, and actionable information to support decision-making and continuous improvement and effectiveness at all levels of the University.
This position will be focused on providing analyses for the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management. While two SEM Analyst jobs are being advertised at two different levels, only one position will be filled. Those who feel their experiences would qualify them for both positions are encouraged to apply to both.