Submitting Your Application:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and CV. Please do not email applications and apply directly at https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyjb7t8
Inquiries and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to Jennifer Muller, Managing Partner with Academic Career & Executive Search: Jennifer@Acesrch.com
For full consideration, applications should be received by October 1, 2020.
Dallas College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read the EEOC Statement here
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist Dallas College in their search for Founding Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC), Strategic Analytics.
Dallas College, formerly known as Dallas County Community College District, has served the community for over 50 years operating as a district of seven independently accredited colleges. In 2020, those colleges united under a single name offering students a more streamlined, convenient experience. The seven original campuses live on as primary locations.
Serving in this inaugural role, this is a tremendous time to join the College and help to shape the ways in which Dallas College will continue to serve the community for the next 50 years. This newly created position requires a highly accomplished leader to establish this new department. The new AVC will have the opportunity to build their own team consisting of two deans and additional data analysts and social science researchers.
As the Founding Associate Vice Chancellor, Strategic Analytics, the position requires a data driven strategist to design, develop and lead this new department as the College engages in new approaches and ways of data-driven decision-making. The ideal candidate is tech savvy with a deep understanding of the latest practices in data analysis and interpretation within a complex, heavily matrixed organization.
This position requires a skilled team builder with impeccable communication skills to act as a data ambassador across the College and campuses. As Dallas College pivots to a more data-driven model, the Founding Associate Vice Chancellor, Strategic Analytics will work with constituents throughout the system to analyze and interpret data in order to develop and implement impactful strategies.
This position reports to the Vice Chancellor Student Success.
Oversees the team dedicated to collecting, standardizing, and analyzing all data used across Dallas College, including:
- Basic reporting, dashboards, & analytics, for financial aid, enrollment, standard student and employee stats
- Regular analysis for standardized external reports and accreditation e.g., federal, state, NSLB, including submission of data-only reports, e.g., IPEDs
- Regular reporting and ad hoc requests from assigned school stakeholders
- Incremental research aimed at driving sustainable practices to support increasing student success and equity
- Analysis to determine portfolio of courses and modalities to offer in order to best meet student needs
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
- Experience leading or managing major change initiatives
- Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition
- Demonstrated expertise in research design, sampling, modeling, statistical analysis and data visualization
- Experience with process-improvement initiatives
- Understanding of effective management, leadership, and teamwork principles
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity, equity and inclusion
- An understanding of emerging technologies and their effective application to identify and resolve data quality issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas and information to a variety of stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network
- Master’s degree required (earned doctorate preferred) as confirmed by official transcripts
- Five (5) years of progressive responsibility working with analytics, data management and research in higher education or related field
- Experience with visualization platforms
- Experience with Data Mining, Predictive Analytics and Modeling
- Experience in the development and implementation of data-driven strategic plans
- Earned doctorate preferred
- Experience working in a heavily matrixed organization
Since 1965, Dallas College, formerly known as the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) has served more than three (3) million students. Dallas College is one of the largest community college systems in the state of Texas, which includes seven campus locations around the Dallas/Fort Worth area and strives to be a leader in the Community College space, placing students at the center of everything they do.
Dallas College serves more than 100,000 credit and continuing education students offering 300+ academic and technical degrees and over 100 high-demand career programs and training.
In June 2020, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) approved the district’s plan to unify as a single institution, Dallas College. The new Dallas College encompasses Brookhaven, Cedar Valley, Eastfield, El Centro, Mountain View, North Lake and Richland, which will now be referred to as campuses instead of colleges.
By approving a comprehensive application detailing concrete steps on how the district would consolidate its colleges to better serve students, SACSCOC also granted the district a “level change,” allowing what is now Dallas College to offer a Bachelor of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education and Teaching, the first four-year degree offered by the institution.