This position provides professional research and technical support for the Department of Urology in the areas of sponsored grants management as well as overall department administrative guidance on day-to-day issues.
75% - Sponsored Grants Management
• Oversee regulatory conditions of studies.
• Collect and track grant annual reporting within Urology.
• Review protocols and provide estimates of time needed during the budgeting process of potential studies.
• Assist with development of clinical research protocol documentation.
• Perform research procedures for collection of meaningful research data.
• Coordinate the participation of faculty in grant reporting, including: approval process, identification of potential funding sources, and budget development.
• Responsible for interpretation of, application of, and compliance with Federal Regulations, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and University and Clinical Partner policies as it relates to assigned research protocols.
• Work with PI’s to ensure that all program activities are developed and reported on within progress reports and grant submissions.
• Participate in program and administrative planning for the grants department to include research, preparation and submission
• Prepare reports of contracts or grants examination, establishing beginning and ending dates of awards, distributing funds into appropriate classifications and establishing account numbers
20%- Accounting related duties (P-card, ordering, reconciling)
• Oversees departmental P-Card users (purchases and reconciling on a monthly basis.
• Oversees departmental requisitions and purchase orders in PeopleSoft, as well as administering internal Urology tracking of fulfilled ordered.
5%- Visa Management with new and current foreign nationals for maintaining legal working status in Urology/UMN
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
- Excellent retirement plans with employer match
- Disability and employer paid life insurance
- Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
- Student loan forgiveness opportunity
- Opportunities for growth and promotion
- Employee Assistance Program
Required Qualifications (Must be mentioned on application/resume):
- BA/BS or a combination of related education and work experience to equal four years; applied knowledge and skill to a recurring task or activity with emphasis typically on precision and timeliness of execution.
- Demonstrated service-orientation reflected in communication skills and ability to manage customer questions and concerns Candidate should demonstrate ability to operate independently under general supervision.
- Ability to solve complex problems to keep the research study in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to work under time constraints (i.e., concurrently coordinating multiple competing demands)
- Experience working with principal investigators and grants directors
- Experience participating in program and administrative planning for grants in the areas of research, preparation, and submission.
- Grant preparation experience at the University of Minnesota or a comparable public research university
- Experience with initiating, managing, submitting, and administering grants within EGMS (Electronic Grants Management System).
- Experience prioritizing among competing deadlines, task, and projects.
- Position will require advanced P-Card training, reconciling and administering all departmental P-Cards for users. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed this training.
- Experience working with incoming and current foreign national employees in regards to securing and maintaining legal Visa status for employment
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.