for more information.
• Provide leadership and support for the development and integration of college work and statewide initiatives (e.g. CTE Program).
• Foster the development of a culture of evidence in support of student success and data informed decision making that closes opportunity gaps and promotes equity.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the development and assessment of institutional goals, student learning outcomes, and administrative support outcomes.
• Coordinate the planning, development and evaluation of long-range strategic plans.
• Oversee assigned activities including planning, budgeting, accountability, and reporting.
• Direct the operations of the research and planning office, including supervision, professional development, and evaluation of staff.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the program review process, including the design of accountability systems for tracking and compiling program data, service outputs and student outcomes and follow-up studies aimed at closing opportunity gaps.
• Under the direction of the Vice President of Instruction and with input from the appropriate Vice President as it pertains to their specific units, coordinate the development of the College’s Educational Master Plan and the College’s Strategic Plan through established participatory governance processes.
• Provide assistance in accreditation planning, documentation, reporting and processes.
• Assist the College’s Accreditation Liaison Officer.
• Develop appropriate evaluative methodology, research, statistical reports and other outcome measurements to determine effectiveness of college initiatives.
• Coordinate and oversee institutional and external research efforts, including the development of a comprehensive research agenda and expansion of financial resources through external sources.
• Work closely with the YCCD Research Department to coordinate planning, evaluation and implementation efforts.
• Develop, supervise and evaluate programs, personnel, operations, and activities of assigned areas.
• Coordinate special projects and initiatives as assigned.
• Maintain an annual calendar of institutional planning, research and development activities and milestones.
• Review, interpret, and communicate policies and regulations impacting institutional effectiveness.
• Participate in appropriate college, district, and state committees as assigned.
• Promote a culture of educational innovation and success through data utilization, sharing evidence-based practices, and comprehensive methods of evaluation that promotes equity and student success.
• Identify, develop, and coordinate external grant resource development and funding for innovation related to the Campus mission in partnership with the internal and external college community.
• In collaboration with the Academic Senate, develop and coordinate a community of practice for developing and implementing innovative programs. The community of practice will provide inquiry into the potential innovative programs, and a plan that would lead from idea to sustained programs around innovation , pedagogical strategies, and practices that promote equity, close opportunity gaps, and promote student success.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• The needs, problems and challenges associated with equitable practices and policies and with the diversity of the community college student population.
• Organizational development and management theory and practice.
• Planning, development, accountability and evaluation methods that promote equity and student success.
• Principles and techniques used in program analysis and evaluation.
• Plan, direct, administer, review, and evaluate assigned programs and services.
• Promote educational innovation that promotes equity, closes opportunity gaps, and promotes student success.
• Exercise sound judgment in the performance of duties.
• Support the academic growth and success of community college students, faculty and staff through grant development and innovation.
• Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences.
• Foster collegial working environment and provide visionary, creative leadership skills that promote equity and student success.
• Serve as an effective and collaborative team member of the College’s Extended Cabinet, and support team-based decisions.
• Work as a team member in a participatory governance environment.
• Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
• Demonstrate commitment to community and campus activities that promote equity and student success.
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above-required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
Education: Master’s Degree AND one year of successful experience in field related to the administrative assignment OR a California Community College Supervisor Credential OR other appropriate valid California administrative credential.
Experience: Three years administrative experience, preferably at the community college level including the areas of strategic planning, organizational development, research and evaluation, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, and inter-disciplinary collaboration.
|Salary Range/Other||Management Salary Schedule (2019-2020) Range 45: $10,108 - $12,845 per month. A $2562 per year ($213.50 per month) Doctoral Stipend is provided for an earned doctorate.|
The District currently pays for a health options for the employee and dependents. Employees may elect to pay a premium for a higher health option. Vision care and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents is currently District paid. Income protection and life insurance premiums for the employee are also District p
Under general administrative direction, plans, organizes, evaluates, and provides leadership for activities and operations that promote equity and student success in the areas of research, planning, innovation and institutional effectiveness for college and statewide initiatives; institutional and external research; coordination and integration of campus strategic plans; program development, and evaluation; and resource development. Performs other duties, as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general administrative direction from and reports to the Vice President of Instruction.
Provides direct supervision to professional and technical staff as well as other administrative support staff, as assigned.
The District currently pays for a health options for the employee and dependents. Employees may elect to pay a premium for a higher health option. Vision care and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents is currently District paid. Income protection and life insurance premiums for the employee are also District paid.