Supervises reporting of institutional data required by the U.S. Department of Education and accrediting agencies as well as data requested by national/state/local agencies, private sector firms, colleges and universities, college guidebooks, and other external constituents. Ensures that all reporting meets stated requirements and is consistent with current standard practices. Designs, develops, and maintains Web sites to publish institutional data online for the general public and via intranet for faculty and staff.
Provides leadership for the design, development, and maintenance of a system of longitudinal databases containing data on students, employees, faculty, and academic programs. In partnership with Information Technology Services, will plan and implement a way for IRP student records to be made available in the ODS.
Supports planning and preparation for WSCUC reaccreditation in accordance with the association’s Handbook at all phases of the ongoing cycle. With the Director of IESI, prepares the Annual Report for WSCUC and related reports as requested. Provides reports for campus stakeholders. Designs, develops, and administers internal institutional surveys and supports the administration of external surveys. Advises faculty and staff on survey design and survey administration. Provides department-level data for all academic departments for Academic Program Review.
Supports USD’s institutional strategic planning process. Develops, monitors, and documents performance indicators for strategic initiatives. Prepares updates and meeting survey summaries for the Board of Trustees and provides other documentation as requested. Monitors external factors that may affect achievement of university goals and initiatives.
Chairs the Data Integrity Committee comprised of ITS and data managers across the university. Serves as a contributing member of University Assessment Committee, the WSCUC Executive Committee, the Enrollment Management Committee and various ad hoc committees. Represents the university in professional organizations such as AIR and CAIR. Manages department budget.
Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in institutional research.
- Thorough knowledge of higher education, institutional research, and campus planning
- Demonstrated experience in managing large databases using database management software (e.g., SAS Enterprise Guide, Cognos. MS Access,)
- Demonstrated experience in explaining, presenting, and interpreting data
- Demonstrated experience in survey design, research, and analysis using statistical software packages (e.g. Qualtrics, SAS, SPSS)
- Demonstrated experience in Web design and HTML (e.g., Dreamweaver, Cascade)
- Demonstrated experience in assuring integrity in analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and courteously, both orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with a variety of campus constituents
- Excellent Medical and Life insurance benefits
- Retirement plan