Click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
A resume and cover letter are required.
- Extract, validate, and report data to meet mandatory state and federal reporting in agreement with written data definitions and file requirements.
- Prepare reports and presentations with accompanying tabular, graphic and statistic content, descriptions of analytical methods used and narrative of findings and conclusions for College decision-making and planning.
- Update and maintain institutional data calculation sheets for internal and external reporting.
- Conduct institutional research studies that assess student-learning, academic programs, student success and other measures of institutional effectiveness.
- Design, analyze, and report a wide variety of institutional research surveys and related studies that support the planning and decision-making activities of the college.
- Prepare periodic reports on the current status and recent trends in student characteristics, access, needs, outcomes, and satisfaction with campus climate and academic and student services.
- Work on internal and external data requests as assigned.
- Collect and conduct periodic analysis on economic, labor market, and demographic data for the College service area.
- Serve on appropriate committees as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in the social sciences, higher education, management information systems, or a related field with coursework in research methods and statistics.
- Minimum three years of experience, five or more preferred, as an analyst working with data management for research purposes, with a strong preference for experience at an institutional research office in higher education.
- High level of self-motivation and willingness to learn new technologies and skills.
- Proficiency in research-oriented statistical software for the social sciences like SPSS, SAS Enterprise Guide, or Access.
- Excellent skills with data management, including ability to clean data, merge data sets, and answer data-dependent questions.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; with evidence of a collaborative and cooperative work style.
- Ability to write reports and summarize data through written narrative and data visualization formats. (Experience with Power BI is a plus.)
- Ability to meet deadlines; and strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to design and conduct specialized research, review and synthesize literature, collect data, conduct statistical analyses, interpret data, identify trends, and present findings.
- Ability to work accurately, independently, and effectively with all segments of the college community, while meeting schedules and time lines.
- Experience designing and administering surveys using online survey software, as well as different survey techniques and analysis of results.
- Mastery of descriptive statistics and working knowledge of inferential statistics and their practical applications.
- Ability to maintain organizational standards of the office using shared file storage.
- Experience working in institutional research in the state of Maryland with knowledge of mandatory state reporting.
- Application of statistical methods to measure outcomes of programs and initiatives, strategic planning, etc.
- Formal research experience in the social sciences or education.
Chesapeake College is a comprehensive public two-year regional community college serving the educational needs of the residents of Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot counties on Maryland's Eastern Shore. The college offers a large selection of credit and continuing education classes designed to help students prepare for transfer to four-year institutions, immediate entry into a career, or enhancement of work-related skills. It is a small institution, with under 2000 Total FTE and approximately 220 full-time employees. The college offers competitive compensation and benefits. The office of Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness has 2.5 full-time staff. Maryland’s Eastern Shore is a beautiful rural and coastal area, located on the east side of the Chesapeake Bay.