For more details, including application procedures, please visit https://www.maritime.edu/employment-opportunities. Open Until Filled.
To apply, please submit the following documents: cover letter, resume, MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and contact information of three (3) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities under Human Resources on the MMA website. Application materials may be saved, attached, and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist with institutional effectiveness protocols, including the execution of survey, focus group, and interview projects. Assist with related quantitative and qualitative data analysis as well as the preparation of associated reports.
- Provide support for student learning outcomes assessment efforts across campus (e.g., assisting with planning ongoing semester workshops as well as specialized training; coordinating incentives for assessment; compiling regular summary reports of department assessment activities; and coordinating the feedback process for annual assessment reports).
- Plan and coordinate support and training for evidence-based methods of assessing and improving student learning and achievement (e.g., through online, hybrid, and/or face-to-face means).
- Assist with designing and maintaining data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., as related to the initial career outcomes of graduates).
- Assist with in-depth student success studies and analytics (e.g., DWF analyses).
- Support regional and specialized accreditation efforts (e.g., oversee NECHE E-Series completion).
- Maintain the university-wide survey inventory and calendar.
- Assist with the updating of standard ongoing office publications.
- Assist with responding to ad hoc data requests.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Master’s degree in education, social science, statistics, or related field
- Experience in data analysis and report writing
- Coursework and/or experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience with assessment and best practices in teaching and learning (e.g., curriculum alignment, assignment design, effective pedagogical techniques)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software (SPSS preferred)
- Strong project management skills, including teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as creative and critical thinking skills
- Doctoral or terminal degree in education, social science, statistics, or related field
- Higher education teaching experience
- Experience in a teaching and learning center and/or instructional design.
- Experience in higher education administration (assessment and/or IR preferred)
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Experience working with online survey software
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00/hour (commensurate with experience)
This is a non-benefitted, part-time, (26 hours/week), temporary/contract position