As Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator
- The collection, interpretation, and reporting of assessment data to drive evidence-based decision making for improvment of student learning.
- Overseeing accreditation materials collection, data reporting and organize accreditation visits.
- Designing, implementing, analyzing and reporting research results related to enrollment management, student outcomes and strategic planning.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information.
As Internal Student Advisor
- Serves as the Designated School Official (DSO), maintaining the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and all related certification requirements. Organizes Student Exchange and Visitor Information System (SEVIS) data processing under the guidelines provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and maintains data and quality control management. Establishes, updates, and tracks SEVIS files on a quarterly basis.
- Advises students with immigration petitions and applications to include processing for new I-20s, work authorization, reinstatement, reduced course load authorizations, assistance with change of status, medical leave and economic hardship employment authorization.
- Coordinates and plans programs that support the unique needs of F-1 international students including the development and implementation of retention strategies and new student orientation program. Teaches College Survival and Success credit courses and workshops, monitors at-risk students and provides customized intervention services.
- Oversees peer advising programs.
- Recruits, trains and counsels student workers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in higher education administration, mathematics, computer science, statistics, business, data analytics, information management, or another related field required.
- Master’s degree or commensurate experience preferred.
- 2-3 years direct experience required.
- Experience in higher education/institutional research environment, in advising and/or data analytics on a large-scale database, and in data cleaning, data merging, and data verification for accuracy and consistency.
- Experience in the classical music industry and/or higher education is beneficial.
- Proficiency using any statistical software packages and routinely accessing and querying enterprise data using effective tools or applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must possess database management skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Paid time off - vacation, personal and sick time. In addition, closed two weeks during the winter break.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company paid Short-term disability, Life and Long-term disability
- Retirement with a matching contribution after 1 year of service
- Tuition Assistance for employee and dependents