• Perform a variety of specialized research activities to support institutional and instructional effectiveness and accountability, institutional planning, curriculum and co-curricular programming, academic and non-instructional program review and outcomes assessment, accreditation standards, and external reporting requirements. Work includes a strong emphasis on data warehouse maintenance and quality, quantitative data analysis, interpreting and drawing conclusions from the findings, and preparing visualizations, dashboards, reports and other materials to disseminate the findings to support data-driven decision making, strategic planning, and institutional improvement.
• Independently plan/coordinate/conduct a variety of activities involved in the research, collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting of data and statistics to provide information and assistance for institutional planning issues, decision-making and program planning.
• Respond to and evaluate ad hoc requests for data, statistical analysis, research projects and studies; prepare requests for processing; arrange and maintain project schedules and timelines; design strategies to complete assignments; analyze and compare a variety of data solutions; make team project recommendations to the assigned supervisor.
• Assist with evaluating and responding to requests for complex or original research support from within and outside the District; works independently with requesters to clarify their needs and optimize the utility of research results.
• Assist with the design, development and conduct advanced institutional research projects and activities to support external/internal accountability mandates in areas such as instructional and service performance, program review, enrollment management, matriculation, outcome assessment, assessment validation, evaluations, and staff development.
• Compare data and identify errors and discrepancies; make corrections, additions and modifications as needed based on standard definitions and protocols.
• Use data visualization software to develop and update reports, tables, and interactive data dashboards.
• Using established enterprise reporting tools, develop queries for data extraction, reporting, and analysis, with an emphasis on automatization. May include identification of data structures and sources, validation of data, and/or access multiple institutional data sources using SOL or other programming languages.
• Prepare a variety of narrative and statistical records, reports and files related to institutional planning, research projects, data analysis, findings, conclusions, decision-making and assigned activities; design and produce related charts, tables and graphs.
• Provide technical support, assistance and training to staff, faculty, administrators and others concerning institutional and instructional effectiveness and related data and statistics; respond to inquiries and provide technical information concerning related projects, reports, research, practices, policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with the IT department to ensure development and maintenance of the data warehouse for enhancement in order to facilitate research and planning activities. Develop, maintain, organize and utilize extensive data files/databases using various computer platforms and software (e.g., database, spreadsheet, and statistical).
• Monitor program and administer internal surveys using web-based survey administration software.
• Professional experience developing and maintaining relational databases, working knowledge of programming languages and reporting tools. and hands-on data analysis and reporting and;
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, disabilities and learning styles of community college students and staff.
COM serves a county population of approximately 250,000 residents. Based on fall 2019 credit enrollment data, the diversity of students at the college includes greater representation than the county with regards to enrollment by Hispanic/Latino (30% of enrollment), Asian (8%), Black/African American (3%), and Multi-racial (6%) students.