About the Role:
Do you love to work with the numbers? Do you believe in changing lives through research? Are you someone who thrives in a team environment? Then this position is for you! This role will contribute to the production of research publications intended to build support for the postsecondary educational opportunity, by engaging a variety of audience of schools and colleges, policymakers, and students and families in evidence-based research.
How You Contribute:
- Assist in the creation of research reports by extracting data, conducting analysis, and developing output tables and data visualizations as needed.
- Play an important role in triangulating and incorporating report results with relevant external sources.
- Coordinate and effectively manage multiple research projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
- Conduct quantitative research using SAS or other command line analytic software and draft reports on key postsecondary student outcomes, using the Clearinghouse’s most comprehensive student-level data.
- Design and disseminate digital research publications in collaboration with the design, marketing, and public affairs units.
- Assist with developing new research publications or custom research by conducting literature review, data manipulation and analysis and developing data visualizations as needed.
- Demonstrate NSC’s competencies, which align with our corporate value
- Core Competencies include: Customer Focus, Optimizes Work Processes, Collaborates, Communicates Effectively, and Be Open and Authentic
- Manager will provide more detail to candidates as needed.
Position may be required to perform other duties as required. These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Statistics, Information/Data Science, or related field.
- 2-3 years of directly related research experience including administering research projects, data cleaning and manipulations, quality assurance, validation and successfully collaborating on research projects.
- Experience with SAS programming, or experience with a similar package that is command line driven (Python, R, STATA, SPLUS), or proficiency with SPSS syntax).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player and proven ability to work collaboratively as well as independently without close supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
Additional Desired Requirements:
- Master’s degree.
- Experience using Tableau or other data visualization software.
- Familiarity with national and state education data sources.
- Research project management skills with the ability to conceptualize research ideas and develop implementation plans to complete work timely.
- Interest in issues and challenges facing the higher education community.
- Experience with Large database and data warehouse and working with large SAS databases.
- Use of a computer for 8 or more hours a day.
- Use of a copy machine and telephone.
- Frequently required to sit for 7 or more hours per day in close proximity to others in an open office environment.
- Vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be flexible to work after business hours and on weekends when necessary.
- Must be flexible to do out-of-town assignments and travel via car, train, or airplane, when needed for training or professional development.
Please submit a cover letter and resume when completing the application.
- 401K with generous company matching
- Vacation, holiday, and paid time off program
- Other Memberships
- Professional Development
- Employee Recognition
- And much more