- Oversee the management, hiring and training of business services consultants, operations staff and graduate student workers.
- Develop and maintain predictive modeling tools that will help create a successful recruitment plan (graduate and undergraduate) needed to shape the student population, increase enrollment yields and improve selectivity.
- In collaboration with the recruitment directors, the academic departments, and office of marketing and communications, lead the effort in building a comprehensive and effective communication plan in the CRM that supports recruitment, yield, and retention initiatives; owning accountability for the plan’s successful execution and monitoring to ensure desired effectiveness.
- Review existing Slate instances to ensure the system supports all offices that utilize the platform. This includes creating training documents and providing training to users based on their role within the system.
- Help determine the realization of cost savings and other business performance metrics, ensuring success of new business processes and/or system enhancements.
- Identify and implement new or unused features in order to achieve the system’s maximum potential.
- Identify and implement new tools that may benefit the office, including but not limited to R, Tableau, etc. to improve reporting, enrollment projections, recruitment and financial aid efforts, workflows etc.
- Serve as the primary owner of all data and ensure data integrity within Slate.
- Serve as the liaison with Institutional Research to ensure division data are collected and reported correctly.
- Build customized dashboards, provide daily/weekly standard analytical reports needed as well as ad-hoc report requests, and research and provide analytic support to key decision makers for feedback and improvement of recruitment strategies.
- Ensure adherence to all admissions policies and procedures, and documents are processed quickly and securely stored electronically and available as needed for audit and compliance purposes.
- Serve as the primary owner of the application review process, ensuring all processes are in place for the timely return of decision letters.
- Other duties as assigned by the VPEM.
A master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 7 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
5+ years of progressively responsible experience that includes 3+ years of experience implementing IT systems for admissions and recruitment and managing a team of professionals.
Preference will be given to those who have worked in admissions or in institutional research at a higher education institution.
Experience with SQL, advanced Microsoft Excel experience, including pivot tables, using built in functions like vlookup, index, array formulas, etc. Experience with Student Information Systems (preferably PeopleSoft), CRM (preferably Slate) systems, Google Analytics, or similar analytics solutions. Experience with Tableau a plus.
The individual must have the ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex data and present complex ideas to technical and non-technical staff.
Ability to work independently, maintain strict confidentiality and data integrity. Strong analytical skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and work to aggressive deadlines is of great importance. Excellent project and time management skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to professionally interact and communicate with internal and external constituents. A motivated, collaborative and enthusiastic work style.
The ability to professionally represent the University is of great importance.
Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including early morning, evening and weekends is necessary and expected.
Reporting to Vice Provost for Enrollment Management (VPEM) and serving as a key leader within the division, the Director of Enrollment Systems and Operations assists the VPEM in creation of overall strategic student recruitment and financial aid planning. The Director will ensure the high-quality execution of technology supported business processes, data management, reporting and analytics. The incumbent will operationalize all aspects of the enrollment process from prospect to matriculation. This position will be a valuable member of a cross-functional team within the division that will support units within the enrollment management division and other stakeholders across campus.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Position open until filled with review of applications to begin immediately.