To learn more or to apply, please visit https://www.marist.edu/careers. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Organize, prepare, and assure the accuracy and timely submission for surveys and reports that the office submits on behalf of the college, which includes several federal, state, and self-assessment reports.
- Oversee all phases of survey administration for several departments, including creation and implementation of questionnaires, survey administration, data analysis, and report design.
- Coordinate with other operational areas on the following surveys: Human Resources/AAUP; Career Services/Student Graduation Placement; USNews and other key reports/Enrollment Marketing.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Vice President, coordinate weekly activities, implement plans and goals for the department, and ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Summarize results of analysis for varied audiences utilizing a mixture of text, graphs, and tables.
- Respond to internal and external data request as needed by providing research and assessment information or by summarizing data and results.
- Other duties as assigned
Marist College welcomes applications for the position of Reports Manager. The Reports Manager conducts research and analysis for the institution in the Office of Institutional Data, Research and Planning, which reports to the Interim Director of Institutional Data Research and Planning. Responsibilities include data extraction, survey development, report writing, and analysis of institutional data/information to fulfill state and federal reporting requirements and complete ad-hoc requests to support the needs of the college. This position also coordinates the administration and interpretation of campus wide surveys such as the annual Student Evaluation of Marist Services.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred. Candidates must have at least two years of experience with social science research, which includes data collection quantitative and qualitative analysis and reporting. Experience in higher education preferred. The ideal candidate will have expertise with statistical software such as SPSS or SAS, the SunGard Banner system, and the Microsoft Office Suite or comparable programs. Candidates must be detail oriented, have strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate results effectively, and the ability to manage large datasets.
About the Department
The Office of Institutional Research and Planning facilitates planning and operational decision-making by collecting, analyzing, and reporting consistent and accurate data about the College.
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about