Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Data Analytics, Statistics, Information Systems, or a related area.
- One to two years’ experience in data analytics and decision support in higher education setting, with specific knowledge of student related data, reporting processes, and data management. Including familiarity federal, state and rankings reporting.
- Proficiency in SAS programming for data management, statistical analysis, and analytic reporting.
- General knowledge of dashboard design, development, and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with data and people from multiple sources/departments.
- Experience with SAS Viya/Visual Analytics/Visual Statistics, including administrative tasks.
- Familiarity with basic webpage development, design and management.
- Understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and data lake structures in a cloud-based environment.
From comprehensive insurance plans to tuition assistance, Virginia Tech offers employees a robust benefits program. This full range of benefits, services, and discounts is an integral part of the university's total compensation package and just one of the many things that make Virginia Tech a great place to work.