- Conducts surveys and research. Participates and advises on survey design. Provides advice on research design, information resources.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs and services to enhance student access and success. Defines outcomes and quantitative and/or qualitative measures of performance. Develops research design and/or surveys.
- Tracks and reports student equity status and trends. Collects and reports analyses, statistics, and demographics to external agencies, secondary schools, community organizations, and other research organizations.
- Reports research results on the validity and effectiveness of assessment instruments used to place students according to academic achievement, course prerequisites, activities to improve student equity, matriculation processes, college performance on accreditation and accountability issues, student satisfaction, organizational climate, program effectiveness, enrollment management and trends.
- Facilitates discussions with academic and administrative functional areas to identify measurable and observable performance criteria to satisfy accreditation standards.
- Develops and/or facilitates design of assessment tools and measures for self assessment and program review. Designs surveys and other instruments to support data gathering.
- Develops and evaluates the validity of assessment instruments used to place students in courses by academic history, appropriateness of prerequisites, co-requisites, and advisories used to restrict access to specific course offerings.
- Develops and applies evaluation criteria and measurement methodology, analysis processes, and reporting formats.
- Performs and advises others on data reduction, statistical analysis of data, interpretation of results, and drawing of conclusions.
- Prepares and/or participates in the preparation and presentation of research reports.
- Researches a variety of sources to identify opportunities for grant resources and in-kind services to initiate and/or support research and other programs.
- May provide support to long range planning by conducting community needs assessment and environmental scanning, projecting enrollment trends and their potential impact on space, budget, staffing, and resource allocations, projecting impacts of trends in educational delivery systems, and projecting impacts of political and economic trends on course demand and supply.
- Analyzes a variety of performance/productivity data such as, but not limited to, that for faculty workload, and student outcomes. Prepares reports and projections to support decisions on workload, student success, and financial impact.
- Serves on various committees such as, but not limited to, those for strategic planning, program review, and enrollment management.
- Maintains currency of knowledge and skills relating to duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
About Cerritos: Founded in 1955, Cerritos College is one of the top community colleges in Los Angeles County offering comprehensive, high-quality, affordable education and career training. We are one of the five largest community colleges in Los Angeles County. We sit on 135 acres located in the City of Norwalk, near the intersection of Interstates 5, 605, and 105, and State Route 91. This makes the campus geographically convenient for students coming from Southeastern Los Angeles County and North Orange County. Our students commute from Artesia, Bellflower, Buena Park, Cerritos, Cypress, Hawaiian Gardens, Lakewood, La Mirada, La Palma, Long Beach, Norwalk, Santa Fe Springs, and beyond. An average of 31,000 students attend annually, and participate in over 180 areas of study and 87 degree and certificate programs.
Health and welfare benefits include District contribution for medical/dental/vision benefits and employee life insurance ($50,000). (Cash in lieu option available on medical insurance). Other fringe benefits include 17 paid holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 12 days of vacation, and Four Ten-Hour workweeks during the academic summer session.
Participation in the Public Employees Retirement System and Social Security.