Primary duties include:
1. Assist in planning, organizing, directing and controlling projects and activities, which fall under the responsibility of the Vice President for Finance & Planning.
2. Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Finance & Planning by drafting letters, special reports, and meeting minutes, preparing correspondence and maintaining personnel, committee and general files.
3. Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Vice President for Finance & Planning
4. Serve as receptionist for the Vice President for Finance & Planning’s Office; receive and screen incoming departmental calls and welcome guests.
5. Receive, and manage the organization, retention, and destruction of relevant data for the Finance Office and Vice President for Finance & Planning (in both electronic and paper format).
6. Maintain Finance & Planning division website.
7. Monitor Business Office email account and forward emails as appropriate.
8.Receive, open and distribute general Messiah University and Finance & Planning division mail.
9. Prepare deposits, purchase orders, expense reimbursements, allocate P-Card expenses and monitor Finance & Planning budget.
10. Assist in the coordination of campus offices in responding to external surveys/requirements, including coordinating the student consumer information webpage
11. Assist in the data compilation and basic statistical analyses for University surveys/studies.
12. Assist in the distribution of results from university-wide studies and assessment activities
13. Assist in the production of official enrollment and census statistics as well as college-wide publications, such as the Fact Book
14. Assist in day-to-day internal and external ad hoc requests
15. Provide clerical and administrative back-up support to other Finance & Planning division functions
16. Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
Secondary duties include:
1. Manage manual checkbooks.
2. Hold/obtain notary public license.
3. Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree and 2-3 years of administrative support experience is required. Specialized training in accounting, budget management, research, or statistics and one year of experience in a business office environment with accounting systems and processes and/or one year of experience in a higher education environment focused on research is preferred.
Skills, characteristics required:
• Basic understanding of accounting processes and interest in research
• Data-minded with a basic ability to review, understand and analysis data
• Professional-level communication skills, including strong writing, editing, speaking and comprehension skills
• Ability to communicate successfully across departments and with various constituencies, including external contacts
• Strong organizational skills, including time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and willingness to learn various technology platforms for scheduling, purchasing, reporting, and research
• Ability to work independently on complex projects managing significant portions of the project with little to no oversight
• Ability to work discreetly with confidential and sensitive information
Messiah University is a Christian university of the liberal and applied arts and sciences. The University is committed to an embracing evangelical spirit rooted in the Anabaptist, Pietist and Wesleyan traditions of the Christian Church. Our mission is to educate men and women toward maturity of intellect, character and Christian faith in preparation for lives of service, leadership and reconciliation in church and society.