1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Current knowledge of relevant content knowledge for teaching and pedagogical content knowledge for the credentials sought by residents in the cohort
- Evidence of an asset, diversity, equity, and justice-based pedagogical approach to education; an approach that is inclusive of neurodiversity and diversity of social identities (e.g, race/ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual identity, class).
- Knowledge of the current context of public schooling including California adopted P-12 content standards, frameworks, and accountability systems
- Knowledge of diversity in society, including diverse abilities, culture, language, ethnicity, and gender orientation
- Demonstration of effective professional practices in teaching and learning, scholarship, and service.
- Candidates must be skillful in curriculum design by setting and communicating course goals and objectives
- Candidates must be able to design assignments to practice, and assessments to measure mastery of course goals and objectives complete with clear criteria and or rubrics.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to foster community and build relationships in an online environment
- Candidates must be able to navigate a wide range of written communication (emails, discussion boards, written assignments) and provide prompt feedback and regular communication.
- Relevant Professional experiences in elementary, secondary, and/or special education educational settings
- Teaching Experience: a minimum of three (3) years in elementary, secondary, and/or special education classrooms
- Prior higher education teaching experience: Preferred, not required
- Content and pedagogical knowledge required for the specific course
- As appropriate for course- Credential: California Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and/or Education Specialist, Mild/Moderate Disabilities or Moderate/Severe Disabilities credential
- Ability to teach adult learners
- Interview (if applicable)
2) Minimum educational level:
- Doctoral level degree preferred. Master’s level degree in relevant field also accepted
- $2175 per unit ($145 per hour of direct instruction) for instructors with a Doctoral degree or content-specific terminal degree appropriate to the course (such as an EdS)
- $1890 per unit ($126 per hour of direct instruction) for instructors with a Master’s degree