Highlighting specific qualifications for this position, candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Director of Institutional Research & Assessment Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE
- Partners with academic and administrative personnel (including Information Technology and budget areas) to develop and manage comprehensive institutional research and assessment efforts that support the curricular, analytical, informational, reporting and regional accreditation needs of the institution.
- Leads the collection, analysis and dissemination of data related to the College’s operations, and leads projects from their initiation to completion.
- In collaboration with others, delivers assessment and program improvement professional development workshops and seminars for faculty and staff.
- Coordinates and facilitates activities as directed by the senior vice president for academic affairs & institutional effectiveness and the president of the College.
- Collaborates with Information Technology and the budget offices to extract, analyze and interpret data.
- Other duties as assigned by the senior vice president for academic affairs & institutional effectiveness.
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution and three to five years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Previous experience in higher education, related to institutional research, is required.
- Experience with data visualization software, with the ability to write basic data queries using an SQL-based visual tool or coding.
- Knowledge of the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) and other reporting and survey tools and requirements.
- Knowledge of regional accreditation procedures.
- Thorough understanding of sophisticated analytical methods, techniques and concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain good rapport with administrative staff, both within and outside of the data management and manipulation arena.
- Experience working with computer applications to extract and manipulate data to produce statistical reports and analysis, as well as feedback needs.
- Excellent organization and people skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate software to support assessment and the demonstration of student learning.
- Experience and knowledge in survey design, administration and analysis in reporting institutional data.
- Understanding of dimensional modeling and experience in supporting a broad user base in the business intelligence environment is highly desirable, including data visualization.
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as SAS or SPSS is preferred.
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of director of institutional research & assessment, who will provide leadership and development of a comprehensive institutional research and assessment program to support the College’s mission and goals. The director will promote a data-friendly campus culture by leading data governance, ensuring the availability and integrity of institutional analyses, improving access to information through automation, serving on key campus committees and partnering with other data stewards across the institution.
- Health Insurance Coverage - PPO through Cigna Open Access Plus
- Cigna Dental DPPO Advantage
- Nationwide Vision which utilizes the VSP Network
- Group Accident and Group Critical Care
- Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 22 Annual Vacation Days
- 12 Annual Sick Days
- Tuition Wavers
- CIC Tuition Exchange Program & The Tuition Exchange Program
- Andrews Osborne Academy Tuition Waiver