Description: The Director of Data Analysis provides leadership and performs all necessary functions related to the collection, interpretation, and use of institutional data for compliance reporting, planning, assessment, and decision making. The Director of Data Analysis will assist in facilitating access to information maintained in the College’s administrative/student information system to support college operations and monitor key institutional indicators, ensuring the integrity of data/information released in reports or studies, and providing data analysis, reporting, or research as needed to support institutional objectives.
The Director of Data Analysis will assist in:
- Establishing, administering, and coordinating the College’s institutional research activities including collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting information on the characteristics of the college for use in decision making
- Working closely with appropriate college offices in research and statistical analysis as needed for various projects
- Serving as liaison and providing necessary support for the College’s institutional effectiveness, planning, accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities
- Preparing data for submission to various authorities at the federal, state, and local levels for data reporting, research studies, or surveys
- Maintaining and distributing data, studies, or research to support the planning efforts of the College
- Developing and implementing processes for collecting, linking, and analyzing data from a variety of sources including internal systems, state and federal agencies, other higher education institutions, employers, etc.
- Monitoring the overall integrity of data, complying with state and federal requirements and taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies when noted
- Working with areas of the College responsible for data input to improve process for collecting and inputting accurate data into the data system
- Developing, administering, analyzing, and reporting on surveys that measure engagement, performance and satisfaction for both students and employees; managing and maintaining the web survey software
- Providing support and training in continuous quality improvement methods and the use/analysis of data related to effective practice of continuous quality improvement
- Master’s degree in computer science, data processing, research methods, or related field preferred
- Three to five years of related research and/or analysis experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Experience using database software, mainframe applications, and/or statistical software; experience using SPSS or comparable software preferred
- Coursework or knowledge of research methods
- Knowledge of relational database design and management and expertise in a major database package i.e. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, or SQL Server
- Experience with higher education administrative/student information systems including technical understanding of data warehousing and data mining
- Familiarity with a variety of personal computer software
- Familiarity with web survey administration software, such as Survey Monkey
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills critical
Lane College, a private, four-year, co-educational institution, located in Jackson, Tennessee, takes very seriously the filling of the faculty and staff positions below. With a firm belief in the “Power of Potential” of all individuals, the College strongly believes all of our students desire and deserve quality service and good teaching.
For nearly 150 years, the College has honored its sacred and historic commitment to citizens who normally have limited access to quality education and competitive employment. As such, we not only celebrate cultural diversity in what we say, but our faculty and staff demonstrate our commitment to employment of men and women without regard for race, creed, color or national origin.
The culture thrives on hard work, diversity, and teamwork. As such, we are seeking individuals with a strong commitment to serving our large population of first-generation students – the majority of whom are African American.
Lane College is a charter member of the United Negro College Fund (UNCF).
Eligible employees at Lane College are provided a wide range of benefits. A number of the programs (such as Social Security, workers' compensation, state disability, and unemployment insurance) cover all employees in the manner prescribed by law.
The following benefit programs are among those available to eligible employees:
- Athletic and Cultural Events
- Educational Leave
- Tuition Discount
- Witness Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Family Leave
- Health Insurance
- Jury Duty Leave
- Workers Compensation
- Medical Leave
- Military Leave
- Personal Days
- Sick Leave Benefits
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
Some benefit programs require contributions from employees, but most are fully paid by Lane College.