Applications will be processed via Paycom.
Description: Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator will work closely with other Institutional Research staff in coordinating the collection and analysis of data for accreditation and program improvement purposes.
The Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator provides assistance with all necessary functions related to the collection, interpretation, and use of institutional data for compliance reporting, planning, assessment, and decision making. The Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator will assist in facilitating access to information maintained in the College’s administrative/student information system to support college operations and monitor key institutional indicators, ensuring the integrity of data/information released in reports or studies, and providing data analysis, reporting, or research as needed to support institutional objectives.
The Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator will assist Institutional Research in:
- Working with academic and non-academic area leaders to generate unit- and program-level data and reports
- Coordinating the development and maintenance of databases to support tracking and data collection from all aspects of the academic programs in the College
- Monitoring data collection from programs and courses, field experiences/internships, graduates/alumni, employers, Federal agencies, etc. to support program and unit accreditation efforts
- Working with other offices to acquire necessary data to meet the assessment and research needs of offices and departments and programs across the College
- Assisting specific academic program coordinators in preparing and submitting unit, College, program, and state reports consistent with and required by various accrediting bodies such as SACSCOC as well as supporting the assembly of internal reports as required by the College
- Managing, completing, and interpreting reliability and validity studies of key assessments
- Identifying and communicating evidence-based recommendations targeting student and candidate growth and program improvement
- Representing the college at professional meetings and conferences related to assessment, accreditation, and evaluation
- Serving as a resource for faculty and staff on issues pertaining to program evaluation, course assessments and accreditation
- Coordinating and maintaining the annual calendar of accreditation and assessment activities
- Managing survey administration and assist faculty, staff and students in development and administration of special interest surveys
- Managing test administration, maintaining a repository for test results and distributing score reports as appropriate
- Engaging collegially with faculty, staff and students
- Performing other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor’s degree in education, research methods, or other discipline related to the responsibilities of the Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator
Has knowledge of:
- Accreditation standards
- Student learning outcomes
- Assessment practices and methods
- A variety of personal computer software
- Web survey administration software, such as Survey Monkey
- Basic statistical methods
- Facilitate work groups and conduct training workshops for faculty and staff
- Organize, plan and problem solve
Lane College, a private, four-year, co-educational institution, located in Jackson, Tennessee, takes very seriously the filling of the faculty and staff positions below. With a firm belief in the “Power of Potential” of all individuals, the College strongly believes all of our students desire and deserve quality service and good teaching.
For nearly 150 years, the College has honored its sacred and historic commitment to citizens who normally have limited access to quality education and competitive employment. As such, we not only celebrate cultural diversity in what we say, but our faculty and staff demonstrate our commitment to employment of men and women without regard for race, creed, color or national origin.
The culture thrives on hard work, diversity, and teamwork. As such, we are seeking individuals with a strong commitment to serving our large population of first-generation students – the majority of whom are African American.
Lane College is a charter member of the United Negro College Fund (UNCF).
Eligible employees at Lane College are provided a wide range of benefits. A number of the programs (such as Social Security, workers' compensation, state disability, and unemployment insurance) cover all employees in the manner prescribed by law.
The following benefit programs are among those available to eligible employees:
- Athletic and Cultural Events
- Educational Leave
- Tuition Discount
- Witness Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Family Leave
- Health Insurance
- Jury Duty Leave
- Workers Compensation
- Medical Leave
- Military Leave
- Personal Days
- Sick Leave Benefits
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
Some benefit programs require contributions from employees, but most are fully paid by Lane College.