The position would run from the employment start date until June 30th, 2022. Depending on the needs of HEDS, there is the possibility of the position becoming permanent, but that is not planned at this time or guaranteed. This position will be salaried with benefits. The position can be fully remote or a combination of in-person and remote.
The Research Analyst will work with other members of the research staff to collect, format, and analyze data and develop reports using data from HEDS surveys and HEDS institutions. The position will also provide customer service and support for HEDS institutional and survey data collections.
The position is at least partially remote and will entail significant use of video conferencing, email, and the consortium’s project management software. The position is for a standard work week of about 40 hours, and we require members of the research staff to schedule at least four hours of every weekday in which they are working at the same time. The Research Analyst must also be available for calls and meetings with clients during their regular business hours which will span the time zones. Finally, the Research Analyst will need to travel to Crawfordsville for periodic all-staff retreats and travel to several conferences. HEDS will cover travel expenses.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Collecting data from a variety of sources; cleaning, formatting, and analyzing that data; and creating reports, spreadsheets, and other summary/analytical information for institutions.
- Writing clear, accurate, and error free reports.
- Providing customer support.
- Working with the staff to ensure the quality and accuracy of HEDS data and reports.
- Working with the staff to assess and improve our products.
Summary of qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, including macros and formulas.
- Experience and skill in using SPSS statistical software.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to use the consortium’s survey engine, Qualtrics. Experience preferred.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong quantitative skills, including knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Capacity and inclination to work in a courteous, professional, and responsive manner with institutional representatives.
- Ability to work remotely with team members.