- To apply for this job, click here. Click on external candidates and please search by Job Opening ID 339352.
Special Notice for COVID-19
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
About the Job
The University of Minnesota Center for Clinical Quality and Outcomes and Evaluation (C-QODE) seeks a full-time, 12-month, Research and Data Coordinator. This position will report to the Directors of C-QODE. The overarching aim of the Center for Develop and implement a model for an earning health system across MHealth that leverages large-scale practice data to generate actionable knowledge and inform change. Research areas include Precision Medicine Leverage big data to characterize molecular response to illness and identify novel therapeutic interventions for trials evaluation., Biomedical Artificial Intelligence Leverage big data to drive development and implementation of AI-enabled solutions, Knowledge to Practice Leverage big data to drive data-driven healthcare improvement within M Health Fairview.
This individuals’ responsibilities include:
80% Administration, extraction, documentation, performance, design, integrity and security of MHealth Fairview database(s), data transfers, and systems.
Other job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
10% Analyzes and resolves problems as it relates to MHealth Fairview data, datasets, data transfers and databases, in a timely and accurate fashion.
5% Escalates incidents and/or problems to other team members when unable to resolve incident and/or problem.
5% Performs specific maintenance or projects tasks as required and scheduled to retrieve MHealth Fairview databases.
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials
- BA/BS degree and 2 years of related experience or a combination of education and work experience to equal 6 years
- Experience with SQL, Oracle or other database management
- Development and extensive work with databases.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of R, STATA or SAS
- Working knowledge of python with experience using NumPy, pandas and Scikit-learn
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- 4+ years’ experience and/or coursework in information technology, statistics, economics, or management including database management
- Demonstrated project management, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience or advanced degree with two years of relevant experience
- Strong hands-on experience and understanding of project implementations, project structure (both formal and informal), project life-cycle, and best-practice project standards.
- Project management, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Strong people skills – able to build strong relationships within the organization and team.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a positive manner and evidence of experience in a collaborative team environment;
- Experience working in University environment;
- Ability to function effectively in a complex organizational environment and ability to successfully relate and interact with diverse groups of people.
- Positive demeanor, and the ability to find creative solutions and workarounds is a plus.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
- Excellent retirement plans with employer match
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
- Student loan forgiveness opportunity
- Opportunities for growth and promotion
- Employee Assistance Program
For more information regarding benefits: here