You will fill out an application and attach your resume and cover letter.
The core responsibility for the position will be to conduct outcome driven institutional research studies related to VCU’s strategic plan, Quest 2025, with special emphasis on Theme IV: Diversity Driving Excellence. This is a university academic professional appointment with dual-reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and the Vice President of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success.
The position is expected to successfully work within the university community to collect, manage, analyze, and communicate about University data and trends. The position will bring important issues and developments to the attention of the office leadership and to adopt effective strategies and directions to administer and analyze data and trends. This position will adhere to survey administration privacy and ethics protocols. This will require attention to detail, including documentation, and an ability to understand how the details fit into a broader strategic vision. Key skills involve careful listening, cultural awareness and competence, effective communication, consultation, and collaboration.
The person in this position will be expected to serve in a dual-reporting role to IRDS and IES with responsibilities in IR Analytics & Research, diversity and inclusion Analytics & Research, delivery of information, survey administration.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor degree in statistics, operations research, economics, computer science,business administration or other research-intensive social sciences or a related field of study with statistical background and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working with teams comprised of considerable ethnic / racial, gender and social identity diversity
- Subject matter experience in at least one or more subject domains (e.g. admissions, enrollment, financial aid, employee, finance, development, sponsored research, and diversity & inclusion).
- Detailed understanding of extracting data from a relational databases, then manipulating, analyzing, interpreting and reporting data and information for strategic decision making;
- Experience using SAS statistical software package is preferred but others are welcome (e.g., SPSS, STATA or R); demonstrating experience and facility with reporting to produce high quality reports and
- Experience with Oracle SQL, and Oracle
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems such as Ellucian Banner, Datatel, PeopleSoft or
- Preferred experience with regression analyses, decision trees, neural
- Excellent organizational and time management
- Effective customer service
- Effective communication
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving
- Ability to take initiative when working independently and yet work effectively in a team environment with people who have a diverse array of experiences and
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery —the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
The mission of the Office of Institutional research and Decision Support (IRDS) in the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is to empower decision makers, enhance institutional effectiveness and maintain compliance through accurate, accessible, and actionable data and analyses. The office provides necessary data governance to align reporting needs with business processes, ensures the highest level of data quality and provides data definitions along with training efforts. The office values excellence through integrity, collaboration, and innovation supported by diverse skills, perspectives, and experiences.
The mission of the Office of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success is to build a diverse and inclusive community in which people from all cultural backgrounds and life experiences are supported and valued. IES is comprised of iExcel Education, the Office of Communications and Information Management, and the Office of Organizational Assessment and Transformation; each unit focused on leveraging diversity into universal excellence and success for our faculty, staff, students and patient populations