The Vice President of Institutional Analytics works across American College of Education to make data an asset for growth to ensure the mission and vision of the college is executed with data as a strategic driver. As a key member of the senior leadership team, this role establishes, leads, and executes data strategies, operations and tactics for the College. The Vice President of Institutional Analytics is not only a technical leader, but also a tactical one who consistently raises the analytics bar to drive operational improvement and growth. The Institutional Analytics team serves as the official source of all institutional data for both internal and external audiences, including regulators, accreditors, Board of Trustees, Executive Cabinet, etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with College leaders, develops, prioritizes, leads and executes a comprehensive data strategy to achieve ACE’s mission while ensuring the quality and accuracy of the data.
- Partners with the Vice President of IT to establish and maintain a robust data infrastructure based upon industry leading practices and technologies.
- Innovates to improve data infrastructure, security, visualization and analysis across the College.
- Proactively leads by example in providing data-informed recommendations and insights to College leaders to improve decision making.
- Collaborates with other senior leaders within the College to understand data priorities. Uses this information to provide meaningful analysis to inform decisions.
- Leads efforts for data reporting requirements for external agencies (e.g. HLC, IPEDs, etc.). Ensures all reports are submitted following regulatory requirements, including deadlines.
- Stays informed of any data reporting requirements and informs the institution of these changes.
- Produces and/or delegates institutional research studies in the areas as peer benchmarking, student enrollment, retention, completion, etc.
- Owns and drives our data and analytics roadmap with is responsible for developing and implementing our data strategy, working cross-functionally with leaders across the business to identify and deliver analytics that drive business results.
- Leads and implements the end-to-end vision of the Institutional Analytics group, providing leadership, defining goals, developing, and mentoring a team, and driving the overall business towards a data-driven organization.
- Defines, implements, and maintains the architecture, development, and integrity of scalable data reporting solutions for ongoing reporting, metric tracking and analyses.
- Partners with organization stakeholders to establish the overall data model to ensure quality, transparent, and up-to-date reporting needed for strategic decision making.
- Establishes and maintains the governance of data and reporting used for the organization’s data warehouse.
- Responds to and produces ad-hoc data requests from ACE’s internal and external constituents.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an institutional research office or related work experience.
- Proven experience leading remote teams focused on advanced analytics, model building, data strategy, and platform maturity.
- Expert knowledge of data governance and classification principles.
- Expert ability to distill data insights into accountable business recommendations.
- Passion for and experience mentoring and coaching teams to ensure personal growth, as well as achievement of college goals.
- Knowledge of descriptive and nonparametric statistics, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Understanding of institutional research and higher education issues and trends, including experience with higher education databases (e.g., IPEDS).
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to executive and nontechnical audiences to drive decisions.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools (Power BI and SSRS preferred).
- Working knowledge of data storage, movement (including ETL) and security technologies (Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL, and MS SQL Server preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, and Excel) and SPSS statistical software.
At American College of Education, we believe that the best learning environment for students and staff is one in which we encounter viewpoints and experiences that are different, yet complementary to ours. This environment is fostered by the presence of persons with diverse backgrounds. While a necessary precondition, diversity is in and of itself, insufficient. To create and maintain a truly inclusive learning community, we must strive to make all feel equally valued. We may celebrate diversity, but we “live” inclusion.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities.
ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Since 2005, American College of Education has been a leader in professional development through our online programs. We draw from real-world experiences to make ACE a truly unique institution that places our students’ needs first.
We strive to make an impact in the world that goes well beyond our courses, which is why we sought to become a Certified B Corporation.