For a full job description and to apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/3946
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Information and Analysis
- Provides reliable, relevant, and quality data, analysis, information and recommendations to facilitate planning, budgeting, accountability, program evaluation, and development of policy decisions.
- Reports institutional data required by external agencies U.S. Department of Education and accrediting agencies or data requested by national, state, or local agencies; private sector firms; funders; other educational institutions; college guidebooks; and other external collectors of university data. Ensures that reports meet stated requirements and are consistent with current standard practices.
- Conducts a regular schedule of surveys, analyzes and prepares reports on the surveys, and maintains a comparative and trend file of survey data.
- Conducts and analyzes needs assessments and participates in determining the on-going priorities for institutional planning.
- Identifies emerging issues, challenges and opportunities, anticipating questions through review of data, information, and research and policy studies, including those related to institutional, state, national, conversations around higher education and advises the Provost, President, and senior administration accordingly.
Data Development, Management, and Dissemination
- Identifies primary institutional source data and external local, state, and national demographic data to be used in research projects, benchmarking, and reports in consultation with information systems and the other university staff.
- Assists in the design and development of database repository, fact book, and university metrics for educational accountability.
- Provides leadership for the design, development, and maintenance of a system of longitudinal databases containing data on students and employees, faculty and academic programs, and space and facilities.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a data repository for research, planning, and development.
- Maintain databases necessary for planning and forecasting and evaluating institutional growth, effectiveness, long range planning, and policy.
Institutional Effectiveness and Project Implementation
- Supports institutional planning process; develops and monitors performance indicators for strategic initiatives; designs, maintains, and updates the Strategic Directions website; prepares updates for the Board of Trustees and provides other documentation as requested; monitors external factors that may affect achievement of university goals and initiatives.
- Assists project/program directors to implement projects and acquire resources for self-sufficiency, including educating information producers, users and consumers on the use of data, analysis, and information to inform decision-making
- Assists, where appropriate, in the planning and development of educational specifications for physical facilities for new construction and/or remodeling.
- Coordinates a systematic and integrated institutional planning process that is aligned with WASC accreditation and other planning and accountability requirements as part of an institutional effectiveness program.
- Master's degree from an accredited university required in educational research, or a quantitative research- oriented discipline i.e., education, social sciences, public health, business or related field required. Terminal Degree preferred.
- Five or more years of related work experience in assessment, institutional research, institutional effectiveness, research design, and implementation in a higher education setting, preferably with skills in predictive analytics for health professions education.
- Extensive experience in preparing various accreditation reports with regional and national agencies.
- Experience producing year-round IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System) reporting.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server databases and data pipeline processing
- Statistical and research methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal, administrative and communications skills.
- Knowledge of higher education administration and accreditation.
- Facility with computer systems, databases, and statistical analysis tools.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Supervise direct reports and provide leadership to teams and committees.
- Direct independent contractors and vendors.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work well with diverse communities.
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved communities through health professions education, clinical service, biomedical research and compassionate patient care. Over 80 percent of CDU students and over 71 percent of CDU faculty are from communities of color. We are committed to cultivating diverse health professional leaders who are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underrepresented groups impacted by health disparities not only in South Los Angeles, but around the world. http://www.cdrewu.edu
The Director of Institutional Research and Academic Effectiveness (IRAE) will be responsible for the leadership and development of a comprehensive institutional research program that will support the University's mission and strategic initiatives. Under the guidance of the University Provost, the Director will facilitate evidence-based decision-making by planning, developing and implementing hands-on data analysis, interpretation of analysis, and preparation of reports for both internal and external use and distribution. Translation of data into usable information for the University community is a key function for this position. The Director will provide information and analytic support to the University's administration and academic decision makers in order to facilitate strategic planning, policymaking, resource allocations, enrollment projections, and other processes requiring sound strategic analysis. The Director will be responsible for supporting the development and continued refinement of the University's Academic and Strategic Plans. The Director will manage- and provide- data in support of all accreditation exercises. The Director of IRAE will report directly to the University Provost.
At Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, our employees' well-being is important to us. CDU continues to offer generous health and wellness benefits to help employees stay healthy and provide financial protection against high medical costs. The program incorporates a variety of benefit plans from which employees can choose. The following summary provides a brief overview and high-level summary of the benefits that may be available as a member of the faculty or staff working at least 20 hours per week in a regular or conditional position at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. For more information, visit https://www.cdrewu.edu/academics/facultystaff/Offices/Benefits