• Lead and manage a comprehensive, responsive institutional research program that supports strategic planning, evidence-based decision making, and educational effectiveness from the Board to the program level.
• Coordinate the collection, analysis, and effective presentation of relevant institutional data, internal surveys, and key performance indicators to support decision-making across the college.
• Proactively partner with senior management and other administrators and departments to facilitate the effective use of institutional data and analysis.
• Perform advanced descriptive statistical analysis and data mining activities using available tools (SPSS, SAS, etc.) to interpret results and identify trends.
• Partner in developing and validating projection models for retention and enrollment.
• Respond to and anticipate ad-hoc requests including support for the development of grant proposals.
• Meet specific research needs of an art and design college including enhanced data visualization.
Data Collection and Stewardship - 15%
• Lead efforts to improve existing data mining strategies and develop new approaches and procedures for data collection and analysis, including helping to leverage the Workday enterprise platform for enhanced operational effectiveness across the college.
• Maintain a comprehensive data warehouse system to house periodic reports for easy access by stakeholders.
• Periodically assist with the administration and analysis of student, alumni, faculty, and staff surveys (e.g. BSSE/NSSE, SNAAP, etc.) used to identify and improve organizational and institutional effectiveness.
• Co-chair the college's Data Governance Committee.
Reporting - 15%
• Collaborate with the Associate Provost for Educational Effectiveness on analyzing and reporting learning assessment results.
• Maintain currency in the techniques and standards for data collection/reporting and federal and state reporting requirements.
• Lead the college's survey response process to ensure completion of state and federal reporting requirements (e.g. IPEDS), accreditor reporting requirements (HEADS), and key external surveys including US News, College Board, and others.
• Significant experience in research and administration in a higher education or related setting (e.g. K-12, government, etc.).
• Ability to identify, generate, validate, analyze, interpret, and communicate data for strategic decision-making purposes.
• Ability to communicate data and findings in a compelling manner, including via effective data visualization skills and techniques.
• Cultural competence with regard to issues of identity in social science research and data collection
• Capacity for self-direction; ability to organize and set priorities; ability to build and maintain strong working relationships within a diverse work environment.
• Strong collaboration, technical, and written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated expertise working with databases, statistical software (e.g. SAS and SPSS), data warehouse, and reporting systems.
• Strongly preferred: experience in an art and design setting and experience with the Workday enterprise platform.