To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
- Cover Letter
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Office of Institutional Analytics at Rollins College is currently seeking an Institutional Research Specialist to join their team! The Institutional Research Specialist will provide accurate and timely collection, analysis, and dissemination of institutional data. This role requires developing and maintaining a comprehensive institutional research program in collaboration with other units of the college to extrapolate, collect and verify data for government agency reporting, survey reporting, policy formulation, decision-making, marketing, and integrity. This position also completes and submits the Florida Licensure annual report; helps administer institutional surveys such as NSSE, CIRP, et al.; and completes and updates the annual Common Data Set as well as the College’s Fact Book.
The Institutional Research Specialist role requires multiple years of experience working with relational databases, data retrieval/statistical packages (SAS preferred), and data visualization (Tableau preferred). The person employs these technical skills for performing duties of the position including timely and accurate reporting of data to IPEDS and other federal/state agencies as well as to other external constituents like US News, AAUP, Princeton Review etc. This role will also assist the Sr. Director of Institutional Analytics with preparing periodic and ad-hoc data reports/dashboards for internal constituents, College committees, college’s executive leadership and for the Office of Institutional Analytics website. This position will actively participate and develop close professional relationships with other Institutional Research professionals from peer institutions by being involved in HEDS consortium, CIC, national and regional IR forums, and other professional organizations as deemed necessary.
The Institutional Research Specialist will play an active role in Data Governance on campus and make striving efforts to improve overall data quality and data definitions at the institution, as well as encourage the use of data for decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Three years of experience in higher education administration (or Master’s degree in a related field) and one year of experience in higher education administration is required.
- Technical skills for performing duties of the position include knowledge of a Student Information System, and experience with statistical querying tools and reporting tools.
- Experience working at an Institutional Research office is preferred.
- Knowledge of data gathering, analysis, and interpretation related to trends in higher education.
- Advanced Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Experience using survey tools like Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, Google Forms etc. is preferred.
- Experience using data querying tools such as STATA, SPSS, SAS, Alteryx, Tableau Prep etc. effectively (SAS Enterprise Guide preferred).
- Experience using Student Information System like Banner, Colleague, PeopleSoft, Workday etc. preferred.
- Synthesizes complex issues and presents them in a creative and non-technical manner in both print and online, including data visualizations and dashboards.
- Assists with the SACSCOC compliance efforts as needed.
- Ability to safeguard sensitive and confidential information.
- Willingness and ability to expand technical skillset as needed.
- Strong documentations skills and ability to use Project management tools to consistently handle multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently at times and to collaborate with others in a team-driven environment when needed.
- Strong problem solving and presentation skills as well as ability to interact effectively with internal and external constituents to establish and maintain good working relationships.
Rollins College seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Paid Holidays plus College Closure Days
- Comprehensive Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 100% Funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 100% Long and Short Term Disability
- Employer Retirement Contribution
- Award-Winning Wellness Program
- FREE On-Site Parking
- Discounted Meal Plan
- FREE access to campus amenities (ex. gym, library)
- FREE Full Tuition Waiver for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents