- Establish, administer, and coordinate the Career Center’s institutional research activities including collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting information.
- Work closely with the school-based career services offices, including the 12Twenty Multi-School Environment, the USC Institutional Research office, as well as the Registrar’s office in research and statistical analysis that may be needed for various projects in areas of career services, first-destination data, academic instruction, facilities, or finance.
- Create a more integrated and comprehensive collection and dissemination process for destination outcomes data in 12Twenty or other types of career services data through platforms across USC.
- Comply with all privacy, security, and other regulations pertaining to the retention of data.
- Develop and coordinate career services and outcomes-related data collection, analysis, visualization, and communication for the Career Center.
- Create routines for data collection, cleaning, merging, and reporting in 12Twenty, Symplicity, and other Career Center platforms.
- Develop, administer, analyze, and report on surveys that measure engagement, performance, and satisfaction for both students and alumni.
- Develop Tableau dashboards and written reports, and review and verify data prior to publishing and verifying data for accuracy and consistency.
- Enhance coordination with Alumni Affairs to improve access to alumni data and collect more longitudinal data on alumni outcomes, including the three- and five-year alumni survey.
- Facilitate access to information maintained in the Career Center’s information systems to support Career Center operations and monitor key institutional indicators, ensuring the integrity of data/information released in reports or studies, and providing data analysis, reporting, or research as needed to support institutional objectives.
- Manage and maintain the 12Twenty database, Symplicity, Baseline, or similar platforms; update and maintain system files, establish and maintain security and access information, ensure that backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored at a separate location, and maintain system documentation.
- Liaise with various authorities at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as professional organizations, such as the National Association for Colleges and Employers (NACE) and National Undergraduate Business Symposium (NUBS), for data reporting, research studies, or surveys.
- Monitor the overall integrity of data, complying with any state and federal requirements, as well as NACE and NUBS’ guidelines, and other reporting agencies and taking appropriate steps to correct and reconcile data discrepancies.
- Prepare any state, federal, or other reporting agency accountability reports according to documented requirements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Develop and implement processes for collecting, linking, and analyzing data from a variety of sources, including internal systems, state and federal agencies, other higher education institutions, and employers.
- Provide technical support and training to administrative and student information system users.
- Provide support and training in continuous quality improvement methods and the use/analysis of data related to effective practice of continuous quality improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, data processing, research methods, or related field
- Three to five years of related institutional research and/or analysis experience
- Experience using database software, mainframe applications, and/or statistical software; experience using SPSS or comparable software
- Knowledge of research methods
- Knowledge of relational database design and management and expertise in a major database package (e.g., Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SQL Server and Infomaker)
- Experience with higher education administrative/student information systems, including technical understanding of data warehousing and data mining
- Familiarity with a variety of personal computer software and networking environments
- Familiarity with web survey administration software
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in data analytics, attention to detail, commitment to data integrity, and data presentation skills
- Ability to use programming language to work with data (STATA, Python, SPSS, R, etc.)
- Ability to create Tableau dashboards
- Skilled in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance, and the actions to improve performance
- Skilled in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy and the ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, and with diverse groups
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, project management, and related skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Symplicity or other CRM software
- Ability to research and quickly develop knowledge of employer recruiting strategies, job market trends, occupational, career, and personal growth
The University of Southern California (“USC”) is a leading private research university located in the heart of Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units.
USC prides itself on providing benefits that promote wellness, work-life balance, and support for all eligible faculty and staff. We offer benefits including health, vision, dental insurance, retirement planning after 1 year of service, and tuition assistance after 2 years of services. For more information please visit www.benefits.usc.edu.