In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached to be given consideration for this position.
• Cover Letter
Initial hire contingent upon Chancellor approval.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2315929
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a Research Analyst.
The Research Analyst is responsible for assisting with a variety of institutional research activities such as writing queries and mining data, analyzing institutional data for internal planning, conducting external accountability reporting and surveys, providing statistical and technical support. This is a critical position in a dynamic, action-based research office that supports a wide range of data needs of a large, urban college and offers unique opportunities for professional development. Responsible for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment and able to multi- task and prioritize. Analyze situations accurately to make responsible decisions without direct supervision. Ability to master new software rapidly and independently.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Work with the Director of Institutional Research to respond to institutional data requests from campus constituencies.
2. Assist with developing reports, dashboards and set up the infrastructure to deliver them to the users.
3. Assist with coordination, production and publication of the TMCC Facts Pocket Guide, and other research reports.
4. Facilitate compilation of data for program unit review.
5. Provide assistance with survey administration and data analysis.
6. Conduct extensive research utilizing internet resources and national on-line databases.
7. Provide technical support for various research projects.
8. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
9. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
**Bachelor's degree may be substituted with an Associate's degree from an accredited institution and 4 years of experience, 2 of which must be in a related position.
2. Two years of experience working with relational database, data warehouse, and/or data marts.
3. Demonstrated experience in conducting institutional research, social science research or data analysis utilizing query writing or statistical software applications (SPSS, SAS, etc.)
1. Experience designing and deploying interactive web-based dashboards using development tools such as OBIEE, Tableau, or other similar tools/software.
2. Experience with PeopleSoft.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of survey research, statistical analyses, and studies utilizing quantitative data.
4. Demonstrated ability to prepare complex written and oral reports based upon quantitative, as well as qualitative data.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to http://www.tmcc.edu/ or view our virtual tour at https://www.youvisit.com/tour/tmcc?pl=v#.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.