Applications received by 06/28/2021will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. Qualified internal applicants will be given preference over external candidates. As an EEO/AA employer, the best overall candidate will be hired for the position. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.Background Check:Prior to start an employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.How To Apply:Click on the wordApply at the top right corner of the job announcement.Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2321130
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Provost Office
Job Number: R21052
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-Represented
The Surveys and Evaluations Manager is responsible for the various research activities conducted or reviewed by the Office of Effectiveness and Research that involve active outreach and collection of new data, such as surveys and focus groups. Additionally, this position plays a key role in administering, supporting, and advancing the use of data from institutional evaluation and assessment initiatives such as student course evaluations and Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (SLOA).
To be successful, the Surveys and Evaluations Manager will be well-versed in survey and qualitative research methodologies with a critical lens for issues of the topics of equity, inclusion, and belonging. They will be able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and build a sense of trust with students, faculty, and staff across the College. Their work will ensure that stakeholders' voices are systematically collected and included in institutional decision-making.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Office of Effectiveness and Research is the source of official college information in support of institutional knowledge management and effectiveness. Effectiveness and Research supports the college's commitment to student success through
• Strategic planning,
• Research, and
• Institutional continuous improvement efforts
Student Course Evaluation Administration
• Manage quarterly evaluation schedule and messaging to students and faculty.
• In collaboration with deans, directors and tenure review committee, determine open and close dates that are in alignment with the faculty contract
• Act as primary point of contact and first responder to system user issues
• Provide tutorials and training for students, faculty, staff and administration
• Create annual institutional report
Survey Assistance, Review, and Registry
• Review submitted surveys for survey design and research best practices and provide feedback and approval as appropriate.
• Maintain a survey registry and calendar on SharePoint
• Provide training, resources, and consultation on survey research and survey development.
Survey Development, Implementation, and Reporting
• Manage institutional participation in benchmarked surveys
• Lead development, implementation, analysis, and reporting of major college surveys conducted by the office, including both quantitative and qualitative analyses
• aintain and protect data collected through college surveys and respond to data requests regarding previously conducted surveys
Learning Assessment & Class Assignment Data Review and Reporting
• Coordinate with the Faculty Assessment Coordinating Team (FACT) on the collection and reporting of Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (SLOA) data
• Identify and actualize opportunities to use Learning Management System (LMS) data
• Develop and implement qualitative research methodologies to address pertinent questions and issues at the College
• Facilitate discussions of qualitative research findings
• Serve as a member of the Institutional Review Board
• Develop educational materials and resources regarding human subjects research ethics and protections
• Participate in research education and promotion efforts
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Master's degree in education or another social sciences field. Any combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Two (2) years of experience in survey development and analysis
• Familiarity with survey software platforms
• Two (2) years of experience in qualitative research
• Effective communication skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment with diverse employees and student/customer groups
• Doctoral degree in education or a related social science field
• Experience with Qualtrics
• Experience with data visualization software (such as Tableau or Power BI)
• Experience participating on or engaging with Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
Bellevue College is a diverse, student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. A generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit the Benefits section, next to the Description section.