Applications received by 06/28/2021will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. Qualified internal applicants will be given preference over external candidates. As an EEO/AA employer, the best overall candidate will be hired for the position. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.Background Check:Prior to start an employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.How To Apply:Click on the wordApply at the top right corner of the job announcement.Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2321140
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Provost Office
Job Number: R21051
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-RepresentedProject
The Student Success Data Specialist is responsible for advancing the College's understanding of student success, student engagement, and student support data available across multiple systems at different phases of implementation. As a cross-functional role in the Office of Effectiveness and Research, this position shepherds these data from the point of advancing operational improvements in data collection through the data's query, analysis, and reporting. Additionally, they will build a shared understanding of these data with clear and thorough documentation.
To be successful, the Student Success Data Specialist will be analytical, collaborative, and organized. They will work in close partnership with other members of Effectiveness and Research as well as colleagues in Student Affairs and Academic Affairs to build a strong understanding of current Bellevue College data practices and to advise on operational improvements that contribute to a deeper understanding of the relationships between student engagement, student support, and student success.
This position is dependent on legislative funding and is currently funded until June 30, 2022. Continuation of this position beyond June 30, 2022 is expected but not guaranteed.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Office of Effectiveness and Research is the source of official college information in support of institutional knowledge management and effectiveness. Effectiveness and Research supports the college's commitment to student success through
• Strategic planning,
• Research, and
• Institutional continuous improvement efforts
Student Engagement Data Exploration, Documentation, and Improvement
• Investigate data sources, fields, definitions, and calculations for student engagement and activity data across supplemental systems
• Coordinate with relevant offices to establish best practices for collecting student engagement and activity data and making such data accessible for Effectiveness and Research
• Assist in the construction and validation of student engagement and activity dashboards
Student Success Data Calculation and Definition
• Re-establish queries, calculations, and determinations of student success metrics and indicators for ctcLink
• Assist in the construction and validation of student success dashboards
Student Success and Accreditation Web Content Development
• Coordinate the development of student success data web content for the public website and internal SharePoint pages
• Assist the Associate Director, Planning & Accreditation with the development and publication of accreditation-focused student success information
• Advise and consult on the development of college surveys exploring topics associated with student success
• Facilitate student focus groups regarding student success
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in a related field. Any combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• One (1) year of experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) software
• Three (3) years of professional experience in higher education or a related field
• One (1) year of experience writing queries in SQL or Access
• Effective communication skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment with diverse employees and student/customer groups
• Master's degree in higher education, student affairs, or a related field
• Experience working with PeopleSoft products
• Experience working with Salesforce products
• Experience with data visualization software (such as Tableau, Power BI)
Bellevue College is a diverse, student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. A generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit the Benefits section, next to the Description section.