Associate Provost, Institutional Research & Assessment
Type of Position
Institutional Research and Assessment
Reports to Title
Full or Part Time
Number Of Months
Position Summary Information
Essential Duties Summary
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Deliver policy and planning recommendations to the President, Provost, and other senior administration and constituencies to support the College's long and short term strategic goals.
2. Oversee and manage the staff of the Office Institutional Research and Assessment. Provide leadership for the office's work in alignment with institutional goals. Ensure that the staff responds to the data needs of the College in order to inform critical decision making.
3. Work closely with the Provost and the Faculty, developing, implementing, and managing practices for the assessment of student learning outcomes, general education goals, and pedagogic methods.
4. Determine priorities for analytical exercises for each academic year in consultation with the Provost and other academic areas; work with office heads to determine and support the data and reporting needs of various departments and programs.
5. Provide accurate and timely data reporting to local, state and national agencies and authorities including NYS Department of Education ( NYSED ), COFHE , IPEDS , and AAUP Compensation Surveys.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Excellent statistical and analytical skills, with an ability to explain complex data analysis to a diverse set of constituencies.
• Excellent judgment, discretion, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data collection and institutional reporting.
• Knowledge and facility with diverse software and data retrieval systems.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and work collaboratively with various academic and administrative partners.
• Ability to prioritize and delegate work in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, statistics and modelling, with knowledge of presentational and analytic software such as Excel, Power Point, R, STATA , or similar.
• Knowledge of state and federal requirements for the gathering, reporting, and dissemination of data from higher education institutions.
• Extensive experience with both database management systems (including the extraction of such data) and analyzing and interpreting complex data sets.
• Experience with regulatory reporting and survey management.
• Experience with institutional accreditation.
Required Qualification Summary
- PhD or advanced degree in a discipline with a statistical focus.
• Minimum ten years' experience in institutional research and assessment in higher education or relevant related research experience.
• Five years of senior management/supervisory experience or relevant departmental or program leadership.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.