Interested candidates may apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the "Apply Now" link at the bottom of this page. We require the following documents:
Only applications submitted online will be considered, no phone calls please.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Perform qualitative and quantitative data compilation and analysis to support the continuous improvement of academic and administrative departments.
- Compile data and put in a useable format in support of departmental and program reviews, assessment, strategic planning, grant proposals, and annual reports.
- Administer surveys, compile results, and interpret the data in a written analysis.
- Update data dashboards.
- Complete vendor surveys, such as US News & World Report.
- Support other projects and studies undertaken by the Office of Institutional Research as assigned.
The college particularly welcomes candidates with knowledge, skills and abilities that include:
- Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity and inclusion.
- Interest in participating in student-centered service activities.
- Desire to apply expertise in promoting civic engagement with the College's many community partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in an analytic discipline or social science with documented research;
- At least three years of experience in a data analyst position at an institution of higher education;
- Demonstrated ability to compile data from large relational databases, administer surveys, compile data and interpret the results and statistics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
- Must have proficiency with survey software, preferably Qualtrics, using advanced techniques, and must have advanced knowledge of survey design and administration.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented and have excellent writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in an analytic discipline or social science degree with documented research.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, Qualtrics and Tableau software.
- Experience in an office of institutional research or institutional effectiveness at a college or university.
Farmingdale State College is among the nation's fastest growing colleges. Its programs regularly earn regional and national recognition as well as honors for both quality and value. Consistently ranked as a leader in return on investment and affordability, FSC is known as one of the safest colleges in the nation according to multiple rankings. The campus is located on 380 lush acres in the heart of Long Island, approximately 45 minutes by rail or automobile from New York City.
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Farmingdale State College seeks a broad and diverse pool of candidates for this position. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.