- Plan, collect, organize, document, analyze and report various quantitative and qualitative research
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel to produce timely, valid and useful research and statistical reports
- Prepare written reports, tables, graphs, charts, methodological summaries and presentations based on research findings
- Implement survey research on multiple platforms, including online, on-ground and telephone
- Develop survey questionnaires for paper and online formats, including programming survey logic
- Identify, collect and prepare data for uploading to governmental and third-party databases
- Assist with in-person interviews and focus group implementation, including scheduling, contacting participants, site preparation, recording and transcribing focus group data
- Analyze data collected from surveys, internal and external databases and other sources
- Organize, update and upload content to departmental website (familiarity with website programming is not required
- Conduct data retrieval from relational database, using business intelligence software
- Prepare and routinely update project status reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in a quantitative social science field or data science is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in quantitative research, data analysis and expository writing is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated understanding of social scientific research meth
Ability to thrive in an environment of changing conditions and uncertainty.
Must have good analytical, planning and organization skills as well as the ability to maintain records and project documentation.
Must be able to function independently, as a team member, and be a proactive problem solver.
Must posses excellent time management skills and decision-making abilities.
Must be able to handle multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability in communicating effectively in an oral or written format with experience in expository writing.
Must have working knowledge and proficiency in the MS Windows environment and MS Office.
Familiarity with the following software is highly beneficial: business intelligence, relational database, ERM, CRM, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Qualtrics and MS Outlook.
Basic programming skills are helpful. Demonstrated experience with Word, Excel, SPSS, R, or SAS.
Familiarity with descriptive, comparative, causal and predictive research, and multivariate statistical procedures is helpful.
Experience in Ellucian Colleague and/or SAP Business Objects is helpful.
Experience in postsecondary education research is beneficial.
Macomb Community College is one of the nation’s leading community colleges, providing learning experiences to nearly 38,000 students annually. Macomb is one of the largest grantors of associate degrees in the state and country. The college’s comprehensive educational programming includes pre-collegiate experiences, university transfer and career preparation programs, bachelor degree completion and graduate degree programs, workforce training, professional education and certification, and continuing education and enrichment opportunities.
The college's four campuses are located in the northeastern area of Metropolitan Detroit, which is home to twelve Fortune 500 companies, five major league sports teams, and many cultural attractions, including the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Michigan Opera Theatre, and Wayne State and Oakland Universities. Within easy driving distance are also the campuses of the University of Michigan and Michigan State University and the shorelines of Lakes Huron, Erie and St. Clair.