Applicants will be required to apply online at https://jobs.tntech.edu and electronically upload a letter of application describing the qualifications, relevant experiences, and interest in the position; curriculum vitae; a copy of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire), and names of four professional references with titles, mailing addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. References will be contacted at a later date. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination, including the name, position, address, telephone number and email address to Dr. Mark Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominees will still be required to submit an application through the jobs portal. Submission of materials is the applicant’s responsibility. Applications without all required materials are incomplete and will not be considered.
Screening begins September 27, 2021; open until filled. Tennessee Tech is committed to a diverse workforce by fostering an inclusive work environment for students, faculty, and staff. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment and contribution to fostering and advancing equity, diversity and inclusion. Tennessee Tech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- Provides leadership for the collection, analysis, reporting, and maintenance of the University’s critical data entries
- Provides information and analyses to support strong management, planning and decision-making functions for the university
- Manages centralized data repositories, particularly static data, for reporting and analysis
- Oversees systematic data management and reporting in the areas of assessment and institutional effectiveness to ensure SACSCOC compliance in institutional effectiveness
- Oversees the timely completion and submission of data or reports to IPEDS, THEC, TBR, as well as university-level survey responses, such as USN&WR, etc.
- Formulates policy and procedures to optimize, secure, and leverage information as a university asset
- Combines and/or models data from multiple sources to provide new insights using data visualization and analysis to provide enhanced insight for decision makers within the university
- Oversees the measurement and improvement of the quality and integrity of the university’s key data assets
- Provide leadership for a team of experienced analysts and assessment professionals
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in educational research, computer science, business analytics, public administration, social science, statistics, or related field
- Five (5) years of experience in institutional research, institutional assessment, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in SAS, SQL, as well as other data analytical tools
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution in educational research, computer science, business analytics, public administration, social science, statistics, or related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in research, planning, management, or a closely related area
- Extensive experience in data analysis, and organizing and leading projects in higher education
- High-level understanding of effective, appropriate and rigorous institutional assessment and effectiveness in the current higher education context
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with multiple stakeholders to collaboratively address complex data and analysis needs
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with senior leadership and making policy and procedural recommendations
- In-depth understanding of statistical techniques, research methodology, data analysis, interpretation of results, and presentation of results through various methods and tools
- In-depth knowledge of student learning outcomes, assessment and methodology
- Proven ability to translate data analysis into usable information for decision-making and policy analysis
- Demonstrated experience in effective leadership of an experience team of analysts and assessment professionals
Tennessee Tech produces practical, ready-to-work graduates from a broad range of academic disciplines prepared to compete in a technologically driven world. Professors and students achieve national and regional recognition for teaching and research and are responsible for Tech’s reputation of excellence. A genuine community of faculty, staff and alumni committed to challenging all to bring out their best and to supporting each other in academic, personal and professional development exists at Tech. These pursuits result in honest, lifelong connections that carry far beyond the classroom.
Commensurate with education and experience for paygrade. Tennessee Tech offers a competitive benefits package. Benefits include the accumulation of two vacation days per month and one sick leave day per month, and thirteen (13) University holidays. Other benefits include medical and life insurance (shared cost with the university), retirement, optional 401k, and educational benefits.