Interested parties should apply online at the Mercy College Online Application site: www.jobs.mercy.edu
Review of application material will begin on July 1, 2021 and will continue until filled.
Come join a team that is committed to student success from registration to graduation. The Registrar’s Office Team is focused on enriching the lives and educational experiences of Mercy College’s diverse and talented student population. Reporting to the Associate Registrar of Mercy College, this Student Records Specialist role offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic team, develop professionally, and have a positive impact on the lives of our students.
As a member of the Registrar’s Office, you will manage many important administrative functions for members of the Mercy community. The right individual for this role will have a growth mindset, be open to new projects, be comfortable working with complex student information systems and handling large data sets and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. They must believe passionately in the power of education to create lives of purpose and fulfillment for our students.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Associate Registrar, the position of Student Records Specialist (Temporary) provides for daily management of the Registrar’s Office processing queue and key workflows in a professional, courteous, and effective manner. Responsibilities will include: assisting with transcript orders, diploma orders, immunization processes, and student records; participating in the implementation of new and innovative college-wide initiatives; assisting with Banner system processes, student registration and degree conferrals.
The administrative responsibilities will include managing records updates to the Banner student information system and assisting the Registrar with records management and process optimization. This role will also assist with solving and addressing grievances regarding student data in collaboration with all members of the Registrar Office team, as well as with other departments.
Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Respond to daily student requests and manage incoming communications queue.
- Process the daily workflow and business operations within the Registrar office in an organized and consistent manner as outlined by the Associate Registrar.
- Processing for registration related tasks, including but not limited: to census and attendance processes, scheduling changes, transcripts, grading and incomplete grade processes, major changes, transfer credit processes, name changes, address changes, degree audit processes, notating student record and uploading documentation.
- Manage diploma distribution, assist with diploma ordering, diploma notifications to students and enrollment and graduation statuses.
- Performs other assignments as requested by the Registrar.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience with Slate, 25Live, Tableau, Blackboard or Argos is desirable. Knowledge of FERPA, federal/state regulations and compliance issues. Demonstrated passion for higher education, and interest promoting the success of Mercy College students.
Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups. The College strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, marital status, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mercy College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer