Please apply online at www.atc.edu. All positions require submission of unofficial college transcripts, for all degrees earned, with the application and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services (WES). Official transcripts are required upon offer of employment. The application must be complete including all current and previous work history and education (including high school and undergraduate level education). A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. Candidates considered for hire may be subject to a background check. Failure to consent to a background check will result in the removal of your application from further consideration. Background checks are conducted in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Scheduling of interviews will begin on June 29, 2021 and the position will remain open until filled.
To claim Veteran’s Preference, all eligible persons must select their veteran’s status on the application and submit a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty upon request and prior to an interview. Those persons claiming veteran status without accompanying documentation (DD Form 214), shall not receive preference. “Veteran” means a person who served in any branch of the United States Armed Forces on active duty, for reasons other than training, and was discharged under honorable conditions.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Teaching and Technology, the Statistician III is responsible for the coordination and completion of assessment initiatives; research design; facilitates data collection and analysis; and promotes evidence-based decision-making across the college, including assisting faculty and staff with program review, strategic planning initiatives and compliance/accreditation needs for the academic programs and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for extracting, compiling, analyzing and reporting data on students, instructional offerings, college wide assessment and initiatives, and all other relevant reports as requested. Performing data extraction, manipulation, and analysis using statistical software such as SPSS, SASS and SQL.
- Querying, analyzing and interpreting data to support data-informed decision-making. Designing and developing special statistical studies that evaluate the effectiveness of institutional proposals, designing, creating, and validating metrics and surveys, and reporting strategies related to accountability for the assessment of college wide, division, and program activities.
- Providing data for institutional initiatives and collaborating with leaders to ensure data needs are met. Supports academic and administrative departments in the design and execution of accreditation and assessment initiatives; prepares written assessment documents and findings; collects, compiles, analyzes and interprets complex data for research related projects and grant proposals and reporting. Responds as assigned to external and internal requests for data.
- Preparing, updating, verifying and improving upon regular internal reports (including institutional dashboards). Conducting independent research and data analysis that support the college's mission and strategic plan. Applying appropriate statistical analyses for use in data mining, forecasting, assessment, and/or predictive analytics as appropriate for each assigned project.
- Attends college-wide events and serves on committees representing the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. Participates in professional development and applies knowledge to the continual improvement of related goals and activities. Fulfills other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in a related field; or bachelor’s degree with statistical courses and two (2) years of experience as a statistical research analyst. Experience in higher education, management of data and/or statistical software, and data (SQL) querying preferred. Experience in institutional research methodology, needs assessment, strategic planning, data collection and quantitative analysis essential to manipulating and analyzing large data sets in support of institutional research, assessment, and planning is also preferred.
Aiken Technical College seeks to be the first choice for higher education in the region. Aiken Technical College is a public, open-door, two-year, comprehensive institution of higher education established to provide citizens of greater Aiken County opportunities for educational and workforce development. ATC's core values define the College and provide the environment for all decisions and actions.
- Annual & Sick Leave
- Choice of two medical plans
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- State Retirement Benefits
- Education Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Assistance Program