Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, detailed, recent resume and list of at list three professional references for review and consideration.
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Institutional Research
Working Title: IT Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Vacancy Type: Instructional, Research and Information Technology
Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Position #: 2579
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months per Year: 12
Work Schedule Type:
Primary Purpose of Organization Unit:
Office of Institutional Research serves as a centralized data resource to the university community by providing strategic, timely, accurate information and research service to assist institutional planning and assessment, inform sound decision making, and enhance institutional effectiveness.
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position reports to the Director of Institutional Research (IR) and assumes responsibility for assignments that support SDM data collection, cleaning, analysis, reporting, visualization, and research functions in the Office of Institutional Research. The scope of the position extends from IR to the entire University community.
The overall duties of this position entail data collection, management, analysis, reporting, visualization, and presentation of detailed qualitative and quantitative data that support the informed decision-making. Under this general job function, the position specifically is responsible for:
• Development, maintenance, integrity and visualization of institutional data and dashboards using Tableau and Argos. The position is the key person to extract data from various sources/system, create and maintain IR's dashboards using Tableau, and automate data reporting using Argos.
• Support Student Data Mart (SDM) data collection, cleaning, submissions, and analysis. The person is one of the key team members to assist the SDM data submissions, such as performing data checking, cleaning, and validation by using analytic and debugging skills to track down data discrepancies; and closely working with functional offices on testing and provide resolutions to fix errors
• Assist with SQL/SAS/R Programming, such as writing and/or modifying SQL/SAS queries to extract data, combine a large complex data sets, document data location, and manipulate data/reports to fulfill some mandatory requests from federal, state, UNC system, associated agencies, and internal community.
• Other work as assigned (e.g., CDS reporting, Delaware study, U.S. News & World Report survey, and so forth)
The position will remain open until filled.
Job Opening Date: 08/27/2021
Job Closing Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Posting Category: Managerial/Non-Teaching Professional
Posting Number: EPA00580
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution;
• Two years of experience in using Tableau and/or other data visualization tools and methodologies;
• Experience writing SQL scripts to perform data queries and creating reports;
• Knowledge of and two years of experience in using statistical tools, such as SAS/SPSS/R.
• Close attention to details;
• Excellent Written and oral communication skills for the interpretation of graphic data
• Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, information technology, or Statistics.
• Experience in using SAS/R/SPSS to build quantitative modeling and conduct data analysis.
Lic or Certifications Required by Statute or Regulation: NA
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.