Supporting data extraction and reporting needs. Perform data mining, data analysis, tactical report development, and institutional research related services.
1) Developing and documenting database queries and reports (using Cognos Analytics& Microsoft Access) from data warehouse, and extracting data from various external sources (e.g.,
IPEDS Data Center, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.).
2) Developing and maintaining a meaningful set of standard reports for internal and external audiences.
3) Responding to ad hoc data requests from administrators, faculty, staff, and outside agencies.
Coordinating economic, environmental and other forecasting needs.
1) Coordinating economic and job forecasting data collection, analysis, and reporting through use of Economic Modeling Specialists, Intl. (EMSI Burning Glass) tool. This includes training key users to use the tool.
2) Coordinating data mining and related technologies to discover trends and forecasting variables for increased institutional effectiveness.
3) Coordinating environmental scanning activities.
Supporting data collection and submission.
1) Assisting in accurate and timely completion of state, federal, and other external reporting requirements, as well as documenting its processes (e.g., IPEDS).
2) Coordinating data collection and dissemination for external college website vendors(e.g., Petersons, College Board, ACT, etc.)
3) Coordinating and developing data collection instruments (e.g., surveys, interview/focus group protocols) and administering surveys (e.g., SurveyMonkey)
Supporting strategic planning, accreditation, and other related activities.
8/9/2021 Northeast Community College HR System :: Position Description Print Preview
1) Producing tables, graphs, and narrative analysis of data for various projects (e.g., gap analysis, etc.).
2) Serving as a member on those committees that require data or accountability/performance measures (e.g., institutional accreditation, strategic planning& reporting, strategic enrollment management, etc.
3) Pursuing opportunities that enhance understanding the field of institutional research and its related technologies.
Experience – Over six months and including one year.
Management and Supervision – Position typically has no responsibility for supervision or direction of others.
Human Collaboration Skills – Work requires contacts with management personnel from other departments, including coordinators, directors, chairpersons, and assistant deans .Contacts may require the consideration of different points of view to reach agreement. Elements of persuasion may be necessary to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas.
Freedom to Act – This job title normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies. There is a choice of the appropriate procedure or policy to apply to duties. Performance reviewed periodically.
Technical Skills – This job title requires advanced skills and knowledge in approaches and systems, which affect the design and implementation of major programs and/or processes organization-wide. Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to apply technical skills effectively.
Budget/Fiscal Responsibility – This job title has no budgetary/fiscal responsibility
Working Conditions – Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment.
Established by the Nebraska legislature in 1973 following the merger of two separate and distinct institutions—Northeastern Nebraska College and Northeast Nebraska Technical College, Northeast Community College is a comprehensive community college offering vocational/technical, liberal arts, and college transfer degrees, together with continuing education courses. Northeast Community College is a modern, unique two-year college with its own identity and recognized as a world-class, rural community college. Northeast is located at the northeast edge of Norfolk, Nebraska, which is approximately 120 miles northwest of Omaha, Nebraska, located at the junction of U.S. Highways 275 and 81.