Click here to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but .pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
- Share a professional accomplishment of which you are particularly proud.
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible.
- Write reports, construct audits, set up automations, manage permissions, and build new database components in Slate, the college’s CRM.
- In partnership with the Director of Admission Operations, use data to help Admission leaders to make important decisions about how best to target the team’s resources. You’ll be making communications and software platforms more user-friendly for prospective students as well as answering the big questions about the future landscape and demographics of higher education.
- Serve as a key database and technology knowledge source for the Admission team, training on and documenting best data practices and workflows.
- Partner with other teams at Reed, including College Relations, Student Life, and those in IT who support them, to manage the flow of data into and out of Admission’s databases.
- You are an exceptional project manager. You always have a plan, and you always meet your deadlines.
- You sweat the details. You enjoy being the person on the team who double checks the work for accuracy.
- You connect the dots, whether that’s seeing how even minute adjustments in data impact the whole team’s work or in finding creative and systematic solutions to our challenges.
- You are an early adopter of all tech, of course. When faced with new tech or new data, you can’t help but dig in to see what you can find.
- You know that constructive feedback is invaluable and you seek it out.
- You enjoy translating technical lingo and complex processes to make it more useful to your teammates.
- You like being busy and having a long and interesting To Do list.
- You have significant data visualization experience. You have leveraged data for meaningful recommendations and action steps. Graphs and charts are fun for you.
- You don’t mind when the plan changes, especially if the plan changes for the better.
- You understand and are committed to data equity. You understand the impact that data collected and presented through an equity lens can have for underserved and underrepresented populations.
- You prefer a team environment at work, rather than working alone. You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and pitch in, even when it’s not your job. You’re not the kind of analyst who works with the door closed--you like interacting with the people who are going to be using your data and the systems you build.
- You have at least two years’ experience managing a relational database or managing data as the primary component of your job.
- Higher ed experience is not required.