The following describes the various aspects of the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the ACGME.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States (US) on a full-time basis. The ACGME will not provide employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B Visa or other US employment authorization).
Title: Business Intelligence Solutions Architect and Analyst
Department: Department of Information Services
Reports To: Manager, Data Analytics, Quality, and Reporting
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Business Intelligence Solutions Architect and Analyst (BI Architect/Analyst) will design, maintain, support, and enhance the enterprise-wide business intelligence data architecture that will serve to maximize potential data assets. The BI Architect/Analyst will fulfill a lead role in data administration, data integration, and data modeling of an enterprise-wide data repository/data lake, as well as localized data marts that support the BI program. The BI Architect/Analyst will also work with different business areas to capture BI requirements based on business objectives, and ensure these requirements are fully understood and solutions are delivered in simple and engaging ways. The position will utilize technologies in line with the Information Services (IS) vision for the ACGME to develop modern data and analytics capabilities that emphasize end user self-service while providing enterprise and departmental value.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfill a lead role the development of the BI data architecture and systems integration.
- Work closely with different business areas and end users to capture BI requirements, ensure requirements are well understood, and delivered solutions meet requirements and business objectives.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards using BI Reporting tools, such as SSRS and Power BI.
- Work as a member of cross-functional team developing Azure Cloud solutions for the ACGME, particularly for cloud capabilities that involve a BI architecture and data repositories, including an enterprise data lake and localized data marts.
- Provide data that is accurate and reliable, ensuring the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
- Create conceptual, logical, and physical data models for an enterprise data repository/data lake as well as data marts.
- Design a well-integrated BI data architecture that meets present and future needs.
- Analyze information flow and recommend appropriate technical solutions within the context of business goals.
- Perform data analysis activities to capture data requirements clearly, completely and correctly, and represent them through a logical data model.
- Assist in performing BI systems testing, including data quality assurance, operations process, performance, and usability testing.
- Develop and maintain complex data extraction, transformation, and load processes.
- Assist in creating and maintaining relational and dimensional data structures within the BI data architecture to meet functional requirements and optimize performance.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business workflow, processes, and events and how they are captured in transactional systems.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline.
- 10 years of experience performing duties similar to those listed.
- Experience implementing or supporting large-scale production data systems.
- Experience creating user documentation and providing user training.
- Experience with a variety of Microsoft application development and database management tools.
- Experience developing and supporting mission-critical applications.
- Working knowledge of Data Warehouse principles and practices, as well as ETL solutions.
- Strong SQL, Power BI, and data extraction skills.
- Working knowledge of designing and delivering cloud BI solutions using cloud-based data lakes, data marts, tools, and resources.
- Experience defining and designing dimensional models and KPI metrics.
- Experience with enterprise integration, advanced analytics, and data models that support BI solutions.
- Experience with system design and integration tasks, comprising design and implementation of major systems, integration of systems elements, and related support systems.
- Be detail oriented with the ability to pay close attention to accuracy of work.
- Be able to manage multiple projects independently and prioritize tasks.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work closely with end users in different business areas, as well as be a team player.
- Demonstrated leadership in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, variability, and change in business requirements.
- Possess the skills to generate multiple effective solutions that address specific data and analytic needs.
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously; must be able to shift priorities as organizational demands require.
- Be able to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately for the intended purpose and audience.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, ACGME employees are working remotely. When it is safe to return to the Chicago office, your manager will work with you to determine if your role is eligible to participate in ACGME’s 12 month pilot for flexible work schedules.
- Proof of an FDA approved COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment. ACGME will follow all ADA guidelines for exemptions.
- Some travel may be required.
What We Do
The ACGME accredits Sponsoring Institutions and residency and fellowship programs, confers recognition on additional program formats or components, and dedicates resources to initiatives addressing areas of import in graduate medical education. The ACGME employs best practices, research, and advancements across the continuum of medical education to demonstrate its dedication to enhancing health care and graduate medical education. The ACGME is committed to improving the patient care delivered by resident and fellow physicians today, and in their future independent practice, and to doing so in clinical learning environments characterized by excellence in care, safety, and professionalism.
Maternity and Paternity Leave