Documents to include:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
- Analyzes data using various statistical and other software programs to provide statistical and summary reports for strategic planning and program development.
- Conducts research and studies on the institution, including design of studies, data collection, analysis, and reporting. Analyses data using appropriate statistical models and assists stakeholders in the interpretations of the data.
- Provides data to senior administration and consults with key constituents system-wide regarding appropriate research design, methodology, sampling, and evaluation protocol.
- Responds to ad-hoc information requests.
- Consults and provides guidance on design, data collection, analyzing and reporting research studies.
- Coordinates with faculty and researchers on special reports, projects and analyses as requested.
- Serves as project lead on the design and analysis of complex data sets used to address research questions relevant to institutional planning decisions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Masters and 5 years experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Experience will considered in lieu of education.
Education will not be considered in lieu of experience.
A good candidate will have:
- Higher Education experience.
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, exercise excellent judgement, demonstrate critical thinking skills, and adapt to shifting priorities in diverse settings.
- Ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite,
- Knowledge and experience with a statistical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, R, Stata) or another programming language.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with survey tools (Qualtrics).
Located in America's fourth-largest city, UH is one of the most ethnically
diverse metropolitan research universities in the United States, serving more than 46,100 students in one of the most culturally diverse regions in the country.
In addition to preparing its students to succeed in today's global economy, UH is a catalyst within its own community - changing lives through health, education and outreach projects that help build a future for children and families in Houston, in Texas and around the world. Other distinctive merits of UH include the establishment of a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, which indicates a strong foundation for undergraduate education and academic achievement, a historic Division I athletics program with premier facilities, top-level arts programs and an internationally recognized faculty that includes a Nobel Laureate, National Medal of Science winners, Pulitzer Prize and Tony award-winners and members of prestigious National Academies.
Nestled on a tree-lined campus, UH is just minutes from downtown Houston, the Texas Medical Center, and Houston's bustling theater and museum districts. The University of Houston is home to world-class teaching, revolutionary research, one of the most important collections of public art by any university in the United States and nationally recognized students - all working together to create a globally competitive educational environment.
Vacation and illness days